Pilot [5]

As the rain poured down, Mulder, Scully, and Star walked into the cemetery carrying flashlights to find that the other two graves had been unearthed and were empty.

"They're both empty," Mulder realized.

"What is going on here?" Scully questioned.

"I think I know who did it. I think I know who killed Karen Swenson,"

"Who? The detective?"

"The Detective's son. Billy miles,"

"The boy in the hospital? The vegetable?! Billy Miles, a boy in a coma for the last four years, got out here and dug up these graves?"

"Peggy O'Dell was bound to a wheelchair, but she ran in front of that truck." Mulder reminded, "Look, I'm not making this up; it all fits the profile of alien abduction,"

Star hurried over to Mulder and hid in his leg.

"This fits a profile?" Scully as incredulously.

"Yes." Mulder explained as he held onto Star to reassure her, "Peggy O'Dell was killed at around nine o'clock; that's right around the time we lost nine minutes on the highway; I think something happened in that nine minutes. I think that time, as we know it, stopped. And something took control over it,"

Scully smiled, almost laughing.

"You think I'm crazy,"

Scully nodded, and her face became grimmer.

"What?"

"Peggy O'Dell's watch stopped a couple of minutes after nine." Scully explained, "I made a note when I saw the body,"

"That's why the kids come to the forest," Mulder reasoned, "because the forest controls them and summons them there. And, and, and the marks are from, from some test being done on them. And, that may be causing some genetic mutation which would explain the body that we dug up,"

"And the force summoned Theresa Nemman's body into the woods tonight,"

"Yes, but Billy Miles took her there, summoned by some alien impulse. That's it!" Mulder smiled. "Come on, let's get out of here,"

"Where are we going?" Scully asked.

"We're going to pay a visit to Billy Miles,"

***

Mulder and Scully talked to the nurse while Star looked at Billy's fingers.

"Now, we could stand here until the second coming, waiting for Billy to get out of bed." the Nurse argued. "It ain't going to happen. He blinks, and I know about it," she started changing his IV.

"I guess you changed his bedpan last night," Mulder reasoned.

"Hmm, nobody else here's gonna do it,"

"You noticed nothing unusual?" Scully questioned, "Do you remember what you were doing last night around nine o'clock?"

"Mmm, probably watching TV, yeah,"

"Do you remember what you were watching?" Mulder asked.

"Um, let's see... I don't remember what I watched.

Star hurried over to Scully and tugged on her arm.

"Star? What is it, sweetie?" Scully asked.

Feet. Star signed.

Scully only looked at the girl in confusion.

Star huffed and tugged Scully's arm again, bringing her towards Billy. She lifted the covers up.