Chapter 3!!

It's the night before Grom, and I feel like I have bats in my stomach. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, contemplating burning off my own hair. Garth is curled up beside me, making her funky little noises in her sleep. I check the time. It's 11:57. Three more minutes until Grom day. I've decided that this was going to be the day I tell Gus how I feel about him. Would he think I was weird? I don't want to ruin us being friends because then who else would I hang out with? But if I don't tell him, I'll never know if he feels the same. I stand up and pace around my room, sweat beading up on my forehead. I look through the speech I had written the afternoon earlier. Suddenly what I wrote sounds so stupid, I collapse on the floor and cry so hard my body shakes. I rip the paper to pieces. I feel so tired. I lay there on the floor, and cry myself to sleep.

I wake up to Garth running around me in circles. She stops when she realizes I'm awake. I sit up and look at myself in the mirror. A wave of disgust washes over me. I feel the tears welling up again. This time I don't let them fall. I pick a nice outfit, brush my teeth, and put my new suit in my bag. I'm about to leave as I hear someone knocking on my window. I open the curtains to see the one and only, Augustus Porter. "What are you doing? You're supposed to wait outside. On the ground," I try and fail to hold back laughter. "I thought we could do something a little different today. You know, for the occasion." Gus holds out his hand, as if for me to take it. "Wait, let me grab Garth." She scurries up my arm and onto my shoulder. "I was thinking maybe we could ride together? Only if you want to though," Gus avoided eye contact. I tried to play it cool and agreed, but in reality I jumped at the chance. I take his hand, and then we're off.

Not even five minutes later, I regret my decision. We're zipping through the air, standing up. I cling to Gus, absolutely terrified. When we finally get to Hexide, I collapse off of Emmiline and onto the pavement. Meanwhile Gus is laughing his ass off. "Shut up," I growl at him. He laughs even harder, and I start laughing too. He reaches out his hand to help me up, but when I take it I pull him down to the ground with me. The bell screams, and we both run to class. I've said it before and I'll say it again; what a world.

I adjust my tie for the fifth time as I recite my speech to the bathroom mirror. The soul trapped inside gives me a thumbs up, so I smile at him awkwardly. Five more minutes until Grom starts. The bats in my stomach are back, and stronger than ever. I walk to the gymnasium, trying not to melt into something resembling abomination goo. There's too many people to count inside, yet I search through the sea of students to find a familiar face. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I jump. Then I see it's Gus, dressed up in a fancy suit with a flower in the front pocket. He offers it to me, his face seemingly glowing. He looks beautiful. Absolutely stunning. He tucks the flower behind my ear. From an outside perspective, we probably looked like a couple. My face felt hotter than the boiling sea. Gus takes my hand in his and stares into my eyes. With a bow he asks me, "Care to dance?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUIDAIFHGASDJHVLSUHFCI FINALLY DONE THE NEXT CHAPTER IS LIKE THE CLIMAX so I CAN'T WAIT TO PUBLISH IT FOR U GUYS <33

SHOUTOUT TO DIGGITY DOG ON TUMBLR FOR GARTH

Link to their Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/assigned-k9

(670 words)