Chapter 2

About a week or so after I had stayed at Gus's house, he asked me if I was interested in going to Grom with him. "But as friends of course, that would be weird. Or maybe not if you're into that or whatever," he was shifting from foot to foot as he stuttered out his words. "Dude. Thats gay,"  he punches me in the arm. "Do you want to go with me or not? It's not like either of us have a date," Gus kicks a rock in the middle of the pathway. Turns out the rock is an animal, it hisses at us and scuttles away. "I could get a date if I wanted to. You often underestimate my flirting skills." Gus laughs. "Okay mister 'drawn-on-beard-to-impress-a-girl-who-was-actually-a-robot', You're such a fucking loser." I shove him jokingly. "But you love me, don't you?" Gus stopped walking. It took me a few seconds to process what I had just said. "Oh dude, I didn't mean it like that!" My heart was beating like crazy, and I tripped over my own words. "Oh. Yeah. Duh. Let's go." We walked the rest of the way to school in an awkward silence. A couple of times I caught Gus staring at me, but he looked away when I saw him.

When we got to Hexide, Gus said a simple goodbye and rushed off to join his main group of friends. In class, he sat away from me. I didn't see him at lunch either. I wondered if he was mad at me. Maybe I had made it weird earlier. I genuinely couldn't tell if he liked me, or was just super awkward. It wasn't even that big of a deal anyway. I've made worse jokes in the past, and now suddenly this is such a huge problem that Gus is avoiding me? The rest of the school day goes by like normal, and Gus is waiting for me by the main entrance.  "Are you mad at me?" he seems off put by the question. "No, of course not. You just caught me off guard, that's all." He starts talking about some kids in one of the classes he's in, and how they never participate. "Did you manage to get a date for Grom, or are we still going together?" I was kind of uncertain about going with him, but this year he decided to take a break from being the announcer so that we could hang out with his other friends. "I mean only if you want to go with me. You might have to decide kind of fast, It's like next week." I think about this for a while and then realize I was going to have to break into my savings for a new suit. The last one got wrecked during my sorry attempt at being Grom King. "Of course I'll go with you, it's just the fact that my suit from last year got torn to shreds." Gus laughs. "I remember that. So much for power and drama, am I right?" We walk into his house, say hello to his dad, and head upstairs. After I head home, I decide I'm going to tell him about how I feel at grom. As I close my eyes and start to fall asleep, I think about Gus. What a world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT'S FINALLY DONE SDKFJHSDFHKASJDHGSGH

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT :)

I'm going to release chapter 3 soon, it's in progress rn so yeahh leave a suggestion or 2 in the comments!! <3  YIPPEE 590 words)