Echo

"Shockwave, calm down!"
"Easy for you to say! Soundwave could be dead for all we know!"
"Shockwave..."
The gold-plated scientist had ran off to his lab the second he had the chance, cube in hand, and immediately tried to figure out how to save Soundwave. Megatron tried to get him to stop and just ease up but to no avail. It was clear that Shockwave was not okay with what had happened in the cave.

Starscream rubbed the bridge of his olfactory sensors. "We keep telling you, Shockwave, that you need to relax. It wasn't even your fault to begin with."
Shockwave refused to be reasonable. "It is. I failed. I tried to save him and I failed. This is my responsibility now. Please let me work." Megatron tried to protest but Starscream pulled him away. "He's not well right now, sweetspark", he told him. "Let him tore himself out for now."
"But, Star..."
"I know you mean well, Megs, but he isn't listening right now. He isn't listening to anyone right now and he'd just get agitated if we try to force him to rest. Just leave him be, mmkay?"
Megatron looked back at Shockwave one last time, watching the scientist mutter to himself as he swiped through datapads, before caving in and leaving Shockwave to his own devices.

The scientist barely heard the door close. He couldn't focus on anything else anyway. He was stuck reading passages in the hopes of saving his friend. However, the most he found was a stupid excerpt from an old myth. Something about a "Fallen Star" and praying? Not that it mattered. Legends wouldn't save Soundwave.
Shockwave trembled in anger as the stress took over his processor. Without thinking, he grabbed the cube and chucked it at the wall, yelling in rage. The cube made a loud metallic clang on impact.

There was silence for a few seconds as Shockwave realized he was throwing a fit. He sighed and shook his helm. He was better than this. He knew he was. But with Soundwave MIA...
Shockwave picked the cube up. Remarkably, it wasn't even dented. He half-heartedly tried to force the gears to spin but to no avail. Shockwave simply had no idea what else to do. His spark ached as he realized the odds of him seeing Soundwave again were diminishing by the second.

Out of options and just plain desperate, Shockwave muttered the prayer he had seen in the myth.

"From distant worlds and a Fallen Star, let the otherworldly meet..."
He doubted it would do anything, but he was willing to try anything.
He powered some of the equipment off, ready to take a quick recharge so he could try again tomorrow.

Whirrrr....

Shockwave's fins twitched at the noise.
"What?"
Somehow, the gears on the cube had begun to spin. Rapidly.
Reeee....
As violet light began to shine from the cube, Shockwave ducked behind a counter to defend himself. Electricity shot out from the cube, breaking glass beakers and shorting out tech. The sounds grew louder and louder until the cube reached its apex. A powerful force knocked over machines and sent the remaining glass flying. Something heavy smashed into some shelves on the wall.
The cube's gears halted and it dropped to the floor.
Confirming he was safe again, Shockwave slowly stood up from his hiding place, his body shaking from fear. Maybe this thing IS a weapon, he thought to himself.
Shockwave's optic scanner the debris left behind in his lab, silently mourning the loss of valuable equipment. But once he looked at the shelves to assess the damage, his optic grew wide.

He rushed over to the bot now slumped over by the wall, stasis lock creeping in. Shockwave held his helm to make eye contact. "S-Soundwave?", Shockwave stuttered. Is that you, my friend? Speak to me!"
Though Soundwave's paint was now dark blue and his bandana was missing, the frame matched up perfectly.
Soundwave struggled to look up at Shockwave but ultimately ended up passing out completely.

Shockwave quickly scooped up his friend just as Megatron came bursting in, cannon ready to shoot. "Shockwave!", The ex-gladiator exclaimed. "Are you alright?!? I heard a noise and-"
He stopped when he saw the mech in Shockwave's arms. He lowered his cannon arm. "Is... Is that...?"
Shockwave nodded. "He needs a medic. ASAP."