𝐢𝐱

alcoholism; implied bullying

𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

♪♪♪

"What are you daydreaming about?" Larry asks Sal over lunch.

It's been a week since Sal had been over at the Phelps' residence. Since he'd become privy to another sliver of Travis' life. And, though Travis has wronged him inexcusably, Sal's heart worries and aches over what could be transpiring in that clearly wretched household.

They are to meet up today to finish the last of their project before submitting it on Monday, and this time, it is Travis who'll be coming over to Addison's Apartments.

"Nothing," Sal replies, staring blankly at the grease-soaked pizza slice, "just thinking about the project Mrs Packerton assigned."

Larry scowls. "Right. You and Phelps are working on it together, right?"

Sal hums.

"Are you going over to his again?" Ashley asks curiously.

Sal shakes his head. "He's coming over."

Larry freezes. 

"What?! You're letting Phelps into our neighbourhood!"

Sal, having none of it, slams his water bottle against the table, an action so out of character everyone around them freezes. He turns to Larry, and, despite the prosthetic, is sure his annoyance is palpable.

"Yo, Sal—"

"Larry, for fuck's sake, you need to stop having an aneurysm every time I bring up Travis. You don't have to like, you don't have to get along with him, but for the love of god bite your fucking tongue, it's getting damn old."

Larry's jaw goes slack, astonished.

"Now, Travis is coming over to mine to finish a fucking school project. It bothers you? Don't come to my apartment on Friday. That's it. That's all that you need to do. I highly doubt Travis Phelps wants to be around you either, Christ."

A silence lapses them for a few seconds. Sal nods to himself, confident in what he said.

Ashley chuckles, "Talk about authoritative. He's kinda right though. Like, Travis is a total ass and I would rather rip off a nail than be chucked into the same room as him, 's not like I'll blow a gasket whenever Sal mentions hanging out with him."

Todd adds, "While I'm not fond of him either, I do think you're quite dramatic Lar."

"You guys? It's Phelps? Are we just gonna forget that he's been shitting on us since sophomore year?"

"No one said that," Sal argues, refraining from rolling his eyes. "But Jesus Larry he isn't fucking Satan. He deals with shit too, goes to school too, and has fucking group projects he's got to work on too."