23.

TW:abuse, feelings of worthlessness

Virgil's pov

It has been a few days. I couldn't bring myself to go to classes. I've told them I caught some sickness.

I didn't want to have to be seen by people. They didn't deserve it. They shouldn't have to look at a pathetic bitch like me.

No matter how much Jake has told me he's not mad at me, I feel like he is. He should be.

I just want Roman. I shouldnt. Roman is toxic! I think.

Life's just so hard. But I only have myself to blame.

I was in bed, curled up. I just feel gross. I want to cry. But I've already cried what seemed like a million tears. I don't think i have anymore tears left to cry.

As I was mindlessly picking at the skin on my hand, staring off into space, I heard the door open. Usually I get up to welcome Jake. But I tried to move and my body just wasn't listening.

"Babe?!" I heard him shout. I shouted back telling him I was in bed and pulled the covers off over my head.

I heard heavy footsteps and the door opened. In came an angry looking Jake.

He sat down on the bed and started rambling about he's sick of my friends. Apparently they were questioning him about why I wasn't in today.

"Look. You gotta tell them to quit it Babe. I'm sick of it. You're perfectly fine!" He argued mostly to himself. I tried to force myself to respond but nothing came out.
I gently placed a hand on his thigh and smiled weakly.

He narrowed his eyes as he looked at me. "Why aren't you speaking?" He asked firmly.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. It was like my brain was blocking me from saying anything.
I think I was just too tired.
I'm... I'm so tired.

After a second of silence he grabbed my neck. For a second I didn't really realise what he was doing.

I just knew that i couldn't breathe.

I don't really know what happened after that.

An: SORRY ITS SO SHORT AAAAA. Also I'm going to start trying to tw each chapter. PLEASE lmk if I miss any trigger warnings. Also yes, I know you want to kill Jake haha