18.

Virgil's Pov

I was walking home, when I got a call. It rang but I was too lost to realise for a moment. Once I did, a quick glance at the phone showed it was from Jake.

I sighed and smiled a sad smile as I answered. I had only just left his house a few minutes ago.

"Hey babe... uh... I wanted to apologise," I heard his sweet voice. "I shouldn't have raised my voice. I just... want what's best for you. You know that right?" He continued, sounding anxious yet calm at the same time.

I let out a soft but pained chuckle. Maybe he was right. Maybe everyone was right. Maybe I do need to learn.

My father always said that. I was just a disobedient kid that needed to learn one way or another. Maybe... they're both right. I just need to learn.

I was a shitty son. I won't be a shitty boyfriend.

With that I smiled as I let out an affirmative hum. "Yeah I know. Don't feel bad. It's okay," I spoke as I kept walking home.

We kept talking, even as the sting on my face grew ever more painful. As we were calling I put a hand to my cheek, bruised most likely from how it felt. And most definitely swelling slightly.

I sighed but I didn't let it be too loud. He soon enough had to leave. A sad smile came to my lips as I said my goodbyes. "I love you," he said in the most comforting voice I've heard in a while.
"I love you too," I happily replied. With that he hung up.

I gave myself a second, an opportunity to breathe as I walked into the dorm building with my backpack. I walked to my dorm room and entered before I could get more anxious about seeing the trio that definitely hates me by now.

As I walked in I murmured a soft 'hello' to the three that were resting on the couch.

At first neither Roman or Logan said hello back, until Patton turned around and looked like he was about to say hello. His eyes widened as he quickly rushed up. "Oh my goodness, Virgil! Are you okay?" He asked as he put a hand on my cheek.

I immediately pulled away, wincing from pain. "I'm fine. Just a fall," I replied quickly. I can't tell him. It's not a very pleasant sounding explanation. 'Oh yeah I was a shit boyfriend. But don't worry, I'll be better.' I can't say that. Especially not to patton.

It's not like they even care about me anymore. I've been horrible to them. I don't blame them.

"I'm uh... going to sleep. I need it," I murmured as I said my goodbyes and entered my room.

I sighed as I collapsed into my bed.

I was a horrible person. I am a horrible person. But it's going to be okay. Since it's all my fault, I can just fix it.

I can do better. I need to do better.

AN: PLEASE READ THIS!
Hey. It's Star, ya boi. I usually don't write authors notes but here I am. I just wanted to tell you all that I have been struggling with my health recently and especially with my motivation. In all honesty, your comments asking me to update the book are helping me. So i would appreciate kind comments. Or if you want to be mean please put tone tags like /j (meaning you're joking) after being mean playfully. Or you could just be mean... but then if low-key cry.

I can explain my issues if people want, I'm not really bothered. Just know that I'll be okay eventually, and so will you! If you're struggling just know I'm here for you! We may not know each other but I'm always here for you all to talk too! I love you all, thanks for reading, see ya later ^^