Chapter 1

It all started when Harry vouched for Draco and his mother at their trials. From that day on, Draco Malfoy vowed to do better. If Harry Potter could somehow find a spark of good in him, then maybe there was hope.

Draco completed his community service, head held high, and kept his nose clean. Slowly, he began to make amends. That began by meeting his Aunt Andromeda, Andy he reminded himself, and slowly immersing himself in both her and Teddy's lives. Of course, this didn't come without a challenge.

Harry Potter seemed to always be in the background of everything he did. Being Teddy's godfather meant he was ever present, and Draco worked tirelessly to keep as much distance between the two of them as possible. Whenever Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter were involved, there was bound to be trouble.

Of course, because he was Draco Malfoy, trouble found him. It had just taken a few years to catch up. He knew when he was called to see Aunt Andy and arrived to find Potter there that his life was about to change.

"Thank you for coming, boys. I'll cut right to the chase. I need help."

"Anything you need Andy," Harry replied immediately.

"I need you two not to fight."

Harry laughed, a rather loud laugh, and Andy and Draco both turned to look at him.

"We haven't fought since we were teenagers, Andy. Malfoy and I are fine with each other now."

At Draco's continued silence, the smile fell off his face as he lifted his head.

"We are, aren't we?"

"Of course we are."

Draco hated the vulnerable tone in Potter's voice, hated being the one to bring it back out so many years later.

"We've moved past everything," Draco reassured.

"Good. I need the both of you to take on more responsibility in watching Teddy. I'm not leaving all at once, but I need to be sure that you're both willing and ready to take care of him. I'm getting up there in age and there are so many things I want to see and experience before I go. You're the only two that I trust with Teddy."

Draco was wondering how that would work, what with Potter being an Auror and all. He himself was primarily research based so it was easy for him to work whenever and wherever he wanted to.

"You're not going for a long while Andy. Where is Teddy?"

"He's out on a play date, I thought it would be the perfect time for all of us to get together. More specifically, the two of you."

A faint buzzing could be heard that gave way to steady beeping, and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Work?"

"It can wait," Harry reassured them, silencing the beeping. "What did you have in mind?"

"I figured we could start with sleepovers over the weekend, Friday until Sunday and see how Teddy is feeling and how he's adjusting. We can make it into longer stays from there. I have a weeklong vacation scheduled in about a month. That gives the two of you ample time to figure out whether you want to care for him together or alternate weekends."

"Together?," Draco asked in confusion.

"Yes. You're his blood relative but Harry is his godfather. You can see how that would make future custody quite messy."

The buzzing and beeping started up again and Harry cursed quietly.

"I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to be in for another hour. I cannot imagine that there's no qualified person in the office to deal with whatever that is."

"If you have to go you can leave dear."

"No, this is important. Malfoy, do you want to take Teddy out for ice cream together tomorrow?"

"I... I won't say no to ice cream," he replied carefully, still trying to wrap his mind around this.

Harry searched the table for a few moments before finally finding what he was looking for. Draco watched as he carefully wrote something onto a piece of parchment, and walked over and handed it to him.

"That's where I live. It's warded so there's the password to make the house appear. Or you can use the floo. You're keyed into the wards already. I don't know if you have a weekend or a weekday preference? I typically have off on Wednesdays as well as the weekend. I can shift things around for the most part- for the love of Merlin someone better be dying!"

"Go on Harry."

"Oh I'm going to go alright, and they're going to be sorry to see me," Harry swore, collecting his things. "Where should I meet you tomorrow? Here, yours, mine? Who's picking up Teddy?"

"I can pick him up and bring him to yours? What time were you planning on meeting?"

"Is 7 okay with you?"

"Perfectly fine."

"Make sure that he eats dinner and not just ice cream," Andy warned.

"5 then? I'll go in early."

"5 is acceptable."

"Brilliant. Now, if you'll both excuse me. I apparently have some urgent business to take care of. If someone isn't dying they'll wish they were," Harry muttered, hugging Andy goodbye and nodding at Draco.

"That was...," Draco began. "Is it always like that?"

"It's been worse recently. They take advantage of the poor boy, and he has no one to tell him when enough is enough. I've tried of course, but the only thing to get him to take a step back is Teddy."

"So you use Teddy to manipulate Potter into taking the time he's entitled to? How very Slytherin."

"It's not just that of course. Teddy absolutely adores Harry. His favorite days are the ones where Harry takes him to school before going to work and then picks him up on his break. It's hard though, never knowing if Harry is actually going to get that break to come and get him."

"And that's where I come in?"

"They both need to be surrounded by family, Draco."

"I don't think Potter-"

"He does. He always asks if he'll be seeing you at events. You're too worried to notice, but he's always looking out for you. Besides, who do you think makes those chocolate raspberry cakes that you like?"

"He finds time to make them for me?," Draco asked quietly.

"Every single time, so I don't want to hear any nonsense about how you think he hates you, when he doesn't. If anything he thinks you don't like him."

"Why would he think that?"

"Whenever he tries to approach you you respond curtly so he takes it as a hint and leaves."

"I thought he was talking to me out of some sense of responsibility."

"No, he actually cares to know how you're doing. With that being said, I have to meet your mother for tea now. I'll see you tomorrow. Don't be afraid to show up before 5, I know you'll both spend the whole time worrying about each other."

What did Draco do best if it wasn't worrying?