18. Everything To Lose

Would've Should've Could've / Ned Stark / Hayley Marshell out now! 

LYANNA Mormont sat at a high table flanked by a commander and a maester. Jon, Sansa and Davos entered, guards closing the doors behind them. Jon stood tall as he got closer.

"Lady Mormont." Jon remarked.

"Welcome to Bear Island." Lyanna declared looking between them. Jon looked to Sansa as she stepped forward.

"I remember when you were born, my lady. You were named for my Aunt Lyanna. It was said she was a great beauty. I'm sure you will be, too." Sansa offered kindly.

"I doubt it." Lyanna corrected bluntly "My mother wasn't a great beauty or any other kind of beauty. She was a great warrior, though. She died fighting for your brother, Robb."

"I served under your uncle at Castle Black, Lady Lyanna. He was also a great warrior and an honorable man. I was his steward. In fact--" Jon began but she waved a hand silencing him.

"I think we've had enough small talk. What are you here?" Lyanna corrected

"Stannis Baratheon garrisoned at Castle Black before he marched on Winterfell and was killed. He showed me the letter you wrote to him when he petitioned for men. It said--" Jon began again.

"I remember what it said. Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark." Lyanna agreed.

+

"You know your name is the goddess of Hope and Vengeance." Rickon remarked as he lay beside Nasiya. 

"Goddess, thats fun." Nasiya remarked. "Hope and Vengeance you say?"

"Yeah." Rickon agreed. 

"I like the hope part but I'm not violent... well thats a lie." Nasiya remarked. 

"What did you do?" Rickon questioned interweaving his fingers with hers. 

"I killed someone." Nasiya admitted softly. "Well not me. I just... I told Cyril to..." 

"Who?" Rickon questioned anxiously. He didnt think that would be her answer. 

"She was a bad lady that wanted to hurt Sansa." Nasiya remarked and Rickon nodded rolling over to his side to face her. "Cyril is my hound... well not mine but he is mine." Nasiya remarked. 

"I thought you were going to say you stole an apple or tart not murder." Rickon remarked with a chuckle.

"Dont think less of me. It had to be done." Nasiya offered. 

"I dont think less of you. I think your mother named correctly." Rickon countered. 

"Yeah?"

"You bring justice... vengeance to those that deserve it and hope to those that need it." Rickon informed her honestly. Nasiya let out a sigh of relief as he ran his hand over her waist before grabbing her hand again and pressing a kiss to the top of her hand. 

"You give me hope." Nasiya corrected. "For a better future."

"You know, I had a wolf." Rickon whispered as she rolled to face him. He rested his forehead on hers. "I miss him. I miss them all." 

"I could bring cyril inside." Nasiya offered. 

+

"Robb is gone, but House Stark is not. And it needs your support now more than ever. I've come with my sister to ask for House Mormont's allegiance." Jon declared. Lyanna leaned towards her maester. They whispered words Jon couldn't hear before she looked once again to Jon.