Only Hope

Toothless's POV

Rider was hurt. He hadn't moved in three days. His heart was still beating and he was still breathing, but he hadn't opened an eyelid for three days. It was horrible what those waterdragons did to him.

They didn't make peace. In fact, they made the conflict between us even worse. It wasn't their place to take him away from the island.

I promised myself that if I e er saw those two dragons again ,and they hurt Rider, I am personally going to rip their throats out.

I looked away and then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a movement. I quickly looked and Rider was still laying. He didn't move.

just when I was about to turn away again, I heard him groan.

Rider's POV

I woke up. Everything hurt. Then I remembered what happened. It was probably the worst dragon ridin experience of my life!

"where am I?" I started to sit up, but Toothless pushed me down by jumping on me and licking me in the face.

"you know that doesn't wash out!" I laughed. it seemed like years since I have laughed and it felt good.

"Thank gods, Rider! you really had me worried there."

"where are we?"

"Somewhere the vikings won't find us and this time, we don't fly over berk. They are scary people."

"I have to go back. I have to make peace between dragons and vikings. I need to find someone and show him or her that dragons aren't what they seem. it's our only hope.And it has to be someone that will make a big impact on the people."

"No! I don't want to go anywhere near that island again!"

"Then don't. I'll find another dragon to take me there."

I walked away.

Pretty soon, Toothless was right beside me.

"I'm going to regret this, aren't I? "

"Probably. "

"Look, you can get yourself into trouble, but as your guardian and friend, you're not going anywhere without me."

"You aren't only my guardian and friend, you are my most trusted adviser and my brother."

I climbed on his back and we were off.

Astrid's POV

I was on my way to the woods. Those poor trees were going to suffer my wrath.

I couldn't believe that I was the next heir to be chief. Why couldn't they just track down Hiccup and make him chief. Oh wait, He was a crazy vigilante, taming dragons and things and he refuses to come even close to Berk unless he has to. And he even rides on the back of a night fury. A night fury!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard an unmistakable night fury roar. I looked up in awe. In the distance, I saw a black shadow with another figure on it. It must be Hiccup. He has the last night fury. He was getting closer.

When he was really close, I decided to run. the dragon got his claws ready to grab and before I could scream, he picked me up and flung me over so that I landed on his saddle.

"Let me down! "

"No! Just give us a chance to say what we have to say and we'll leave you alone!"

"I don't want to listen to anything you have to say!"

"Fine, don't listen, but see what we have to show you."