𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Tsukauchi Naomasa seemed to choke, probably on the tension within the room. Seeking clarity, he asked, "As in the infamous family of assassins?"

          Uneasily, Killua replied, "Yeah."

          Reading the room, he could confirm that it was, most certainly, filled with immense tension.

          "So, Killua-kun, since you do not have any information registered into our database, let us get the required information to do so," the man said to him.

          " . . . Sure."

          They were simple questions, such as the boy's age and birth date. Most of the other questions would be filled out by medical specialists, like his height and weight. Then, the detective asked him, "What is your Quirk?"

          "Uh, well, I have two," Killua began. "But, I don't know much about one of them. The one I do know of is called Cat. It gives me the abilities of a cat, and I can partially morph into one."

          "Alright. Can you tell me what you know about your other Quirk?" Tsukauchi asked.

          The more questions that were asked, the worse Killua's migraine got. His brother's voice echoed through his head, rebuking him and tormenting him.

          "It's called Transmute—a-and, from what I've been told—it gives me the ability to control my aura and allows me to transform it." The boy began to sweat. The longer he sat here, the more anxious he got—the more he thought of him and what he told him.

          The detective finished jotting down some things on a notepad, then transitioned into the next segment of the questioning. "Okay, what caused all of your injuries?"

          "I was punished."

          "For what reason?"

          "I went AWOL and talked to a kid my age at a park." Hearing this, the eyes of the adults widened. Probably because normal people don't get punished so severely—especially for just socializing.

          "Who did this to you?" Tsukauchi asked.

          "My older brothers," replied the kid. "One of them whipped me, and my oldest brother broke my bones."

          With his thoughts of his older brother eating away at him, he bit down on his tongue, drawing some blood.

          "Killua-kun," began the man, "what do you want to do right now?" It was obvious to the boy that the detective was trying to decipher whether or not he was a legitimate threat.

          ". . .W-well, what I'd like to do is be normal, and be free of my family's grasp. But, what he wants me to do is run away, to keep my mouth shut, to submit to them, to . . . kill."

          "Who?"

          "Aniki—and he won't shut up . . ." Killua buried his head into his hands. The pain was worsening with each confession that he made—which was barely anything. The boy thought of the unfathomable agony that he would experience if he were to reveal things like where his family resided. Would his vocal cords even manage to squeak out the noises necessary to do so?

           "Your older brother is speaking to you? How so?"

            "I-it's just all in my head—I think." After saying this to him, his blue eyes caught the man writing down a few more things in his notepad.

           "You seem overwhelmed," Tsukauchi said to the boy, "I believe that no more questioning should be conducted—at least for now." Killua let out a sigh of relief.