Chapter Fourteen

Alyssays stands below the great pyramid at a safe distance and watches as the giant bronze statue is pulled down from the top of the massive building. As the golden idol crashes down the side of the structure and falls to the ground the people of Meereen cheer and she gives Grey Worm a small smile and nod before heading back inside.

...... later that day ........

What should have been a day of celebration had turned in to shock and sorrow.

Inside the great pyramid Daenerys and Alyssays stand looking at a golden harpy mask where it rests on the table. Blood smeared across it. The blood of one of the unsullied.

"Sons of the Harpy?" Dany asks and the sisters exchange a look. They were a resistance group that had sprung up after they took the city. Those who wanted to return to the old ways.

"Yes, your grace. They left it on the body." Barristan tells her referring to the mask.

"They've never killed before." Daenerys remarked quietly.

"It was only a matter of time, your grace. Conquerors are always met with resistance." Barristan replies, probably thinking he is being comforting.

"We didn't conquer them. Their own people rose against them." Alyssays reminds the knight.

The newcomer to their inner circle speakers up. Mossador, the young leader of the slaves who had risen against the masters. "They do not see us as people, Your Graces."

"Then they will have to learn to see things differently, Mossador." Dany assures him. "He did not risk his life fighting for freedom so cowards in masks could take it away. And I did not take up residence in this pyramid so I could watch the city below decline into chaos. What was the name of the man you lost?" She asks Grey Worm.

"White Rat, your grace." The Unsullied commander replies.

"I want him buried with honor. Publicly. In the Temple of the Graces." Dany informs everyone causing Aly to smile at her sisters cleverness.

"The Sons of the Harpy will hear that message." Barristain try's to caution her.

"Make them very angry." Mossador agrees.

"Angry snakes lash out. Makes chopping off their heads that much easier. Find the men who did this and bring them to me." The queen orders.

.........................

The Unsullied march through the streets of Meereen as Daario Naharis and Hizdar so Loraq return to the city.

"When did the Unsullied start patrolling the streets of Meereen? Looks like your friends haven't been behaving themselves." Daario quips to the nobleman.

.........................

Hizdar and Daario stand before Daenerys on her throne with Alyssays standing just to her right making their report

"The mission to Yunkai was a resounding success. The Wise Masters of Yunkai have agreed to cede power to a council of elders, made up of both the freedmen and the former slaveholders. All matters of consequence will be brought to you for review."