4: SHIELD

WHEN ALEJANDRA WOKE up she was in a room that was made of gray concrete. Her wrists were duct taped together and her ankles were taped to the legs of the chair. She tried to free her hands from the bindings, but duct tape was much harder to escape than zip ties or handcuffs. Alejandra was surprised that SHIELD had used duct tape instead of handcuffs.

The door opened and a bald, africana american, man walked into the room. He wore an eyepatch and a black leather trench coat. Alejandra immediately recognized him as Director Nick Fury. He took a seat on the chair on the opposite side of the table.

"What am I doing here?" Alejandra asked. "Why didn't your agents just kill me back at the party."

Fury sighed, "I didn't send Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton there to kill you, Miss Herrera."

"Well then, what did you send them there to do?"

"You are a very talented at what you do, Miss Herrera," Fury pointed out. "I seem to remember you taking out ten highly trained agents when you were only 14."

Alejandra shuddered at the memory. She didn't like to think about that mission. That was the mission that gave her the name the Raven.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Alejandra asked. To her, it sounded like Fury was calling her a threat, and threats were supposed to be eliminated.

"How would you like to join SHIELD?" Fury asked.

Alejandra froze. That was definitely not was she expected. She was expecting him to try to get information out of her, then kill her once she had answered all his questions, not for him to offer her a job at his organization.

"I... what?" she asked, clearly confused.

"How would you like to join SHIELD?" Fury repeated.

"I heard you the first time," she said. "I-I'm just caught off guard."

Fury laughed, "What? Did you expect me to just want information from you?"

Alejandra swallowed. That was exactly what she thought he wanted.

"I'm going to have to think about it," Alejandra said.

"I can allow that," Fury nodded, standing up from his chair.

"Uhm, quick question?" Alejandra said. "Do I have to stay tied to this chair till I make my decision, or..."

Fury shook his head, "No, but I am going to have to have you watched by our best agents, just so you don't try anything."

Alejandra nodded, she could handle that.

𓄿ⴵ𓄿

"We have to babysit her?" Clint asked. "You've got to be kidding me! Why can't Coulson or someone else do it?"

Alejandra stood in the corner of Fury's office as he explained to Natasha and Clint would be watching her for the next few days. As Alejandra watched the scene unfold she noticed bandages along Natasha's arms. Alejandra felt a bit of guilt because that was from her trying to free herself when Natasha was choking her.

"Agent Coulson is on a mission at the moment, and you two are going to be on break for a while," Fury explained. "You are in just fine condition to keep an eye on Miss Herrera until she makes her decision."

Clint rolled his eyes, "Fine."

𓄿ⴵ𓄿

Alejandra followed Natasha and Clint up the stairs of their apartment building. Clint wasn't as annoyed with her anymore, and actually was a really nice guy. On the drive over, he told Alejandra about his fiancé, Laura Nelson. Laura lived with him and Natasha in their apartment in Queens, and also worked with Clint and Natasha at SHIELD.

They eventually made it to the door of the apartment on the fourth floor. Apartment 402, Alejandra already had the number memorized. She didn't even need to do it, her brain just picked up on things like that because of her training.

Clint unlocked the doors to the apartment and the three of them walked into the room, Clint calling out, "Honey, we're home."

A woman, Alejandra assumed it was Laura, walked into the room.

"Oh, good, I have news..." she trailed off when she saw Alejandra. "Who's this?"

"This is Alejandra Herrera," Clint introduced. "She's the one Fury sent us to get."