Chapter 44

We took a stroll around the park as we had some smoothie.
"This is where we had our first kiss...it was on a new year's eve." I said blushing showing him the spot.
"How was it like?" He bluntly asked while looking directly at me,he caught me unaware.
"Umhh...ahh!..haha!..okay...was kinda weird and we didn't know how to do it at first...but it felt right doin it." I replied rolling my eyes and gushing over the memory while slightly laughing to myself.
"I wish i could remember that moment my princess." He said smiling.
"Wait!..did you jus called me my princess?" I asked while shocked by it.
"Sorry didn't mean to offend you..I dunno just came over my mind." He said.
"Do you remember anything right now? I curiously asked with impatient tone placing my hand on his arm.
"Noo..nooo...why?" He asked with a confused look.
"Back then before the accident you used to call me that 'my princess'. I replied.
"I dunno know how i did it,it just pop up on my mind without thinking...wait am i getting my memories back?" His face turned to excitement.
"Too early to tell." I replied as i started walking,taking few steps and realized Elijah was not following,I turned to check behind me and found still standing on the same spot and could clearly see from his face struggling to think,to grasp something with his mind.
"What you doing? I asked.
"Trying to remember." He replied as desperation grew on his face.
"Elijah stop it!..stop doin that." I said as i walked back to him.
"Why can't i remember?..I want my memories!" Elijah almost yelled showing signs of frustration.
"Hey..calm down Elijah..don't strain yourself." I said cupping his face with my both hands.
"I feel vulnerable without my memories,it's so frustrating that I don't know myself." He added as his blue eyes turned glassy with tears and i felt Sad for him,his mood suddenly changed from being calm to hysteric.
I don't know what happened,I just found myself being pulled close to his body as his both hands holding my waist and his lips on mine,he took me by suprised while my hands still cupping his face,I felt waves of burning sensation going through inside my body as my lips opened letting Elijah's lips devouring mine,sucking me as i sucked back hungrily. My mind came back to senses.
"No...noo." I said as i abruptly pulled myself from him while breathing heavily.
"Am sorry..I don't know why I can't control my feelings around you." He apologized.
"We need to take a boat ride." I said to him.
We spent our day chatting,laughing,walking,eating snacks and i had to admit it, I really felt good and enjoying my time with him.
That evening when i dropped him off his mansion,he looked at me with those piercing eyes of his.
"Thanks..I really enjoyed my day...can i see you tomorrow?" He asked.
"Sorry Gotta some stuff to do." I replied.
He paused like trying to want to say something or do something as the weird silence creeped between us.
"Well good night and I'll be in touch." He said doing a phone signal with his hand.
"Goodnight." I said back as he alighted from my car and briefly watching him making his way to their mansion.
That night Manuel called me to apologise for his behaviour,I knew he just trying to protect me as always,he didn't mean to hurt my feelings,I forgave him as usual and made some jokes before i turned to my WhatsApp where i saw a text from unsaved contact.
'Anybody home' the text read,I tapped it's profile picture and saw the picture on display was of me and him standing on the spot of our first kiss in st.peter park while holding our cups of smoothies.
The picture was great and i liked it somehow,him standing while one arm is on my shoulder while we shone in bright smiles standing close to each other.
I replied Elijah's text as we began chatting and exchange pictures we took earlier till late at night.
The next day I woke up late and I was the last one to have breakfast.
My dad and mum went to work and Benjamin went with his fiancee went to a wedding planner.
Our house maid served me breakfast as i kept thinking of my future,about my career.
The next day i flew to Los Angeles to pick up my some important stuffs and documents which i left in a hurry almost two years ago and i needed to settle our relationship status once and for all with andrew.
Elijah kept on chatting with me through WhatsApp and it's like he is just there waiting to reply my texts and even requested me to unblock him on Instagram and other social platforms.
I asked him how he accessed his accounts yet he got no memory to remember his passwords and he just told me he did some account recovery and he learned a lot of his past.
Miguel knew of my arrival and since he goes to work he told me he will come by in the evening with jayson,they were excited but Andrew was a bit off though cool. He didn't even offered to pick me up at the airport,maybe he is busy and weird enough he requested that we can have our talk in his office room in their family business office premises and not in my apartment or his.
I took the day resting and taking a stroll at the beach shores as i chat with Elijah,I unblocked him and followed each other on Instagram and Facebook and immediately he started tagging me on photos which i recently took with him and got loads of notifications of comments and reactions with most assuming we back together.
That evening i had dinner with Miguel and his boyfriend Treyson. Miguel and Treyson were upset that i chose to live in newyork state and that am considering taking Blake's offer.
"I knew bou Elijah waking up from coma but not you two back together." Miguel almost yelled at me.
"We ain't back together." I said.
"Hehe...you photos look descent but gives the impression you are cute couples." Treyson said.
"What if Andrew sees them?" Miguel asked.
"We ain't even back together." I said again.
"Why is that family always in your life siz?" He asked.
"Mmh..meaning?" I asked back.
"Don't you see they want you close to their son?...they want you two back together." Miguel replied.
"For such an ultra wealthy family to want to keep you close to them it's obvious you are of benefit to them." Treyson said.
"Yeah for that lunatic son of their's." Miguel replied.
"Guys you make them seem they are bad." I said.
"Wait until that demon of yours gets his memory back then you will tell me...huh." miguel said.
Next morning i visited andrew at his office room. I was nervous on how to explain to him. I knocked at his office door and heard his voice calling me in.
"Hey Andy." I said smiling as i entered in walking towards his office desk.
"Hey Isaac please take a sit." He said back with a warm smile which gave me comfort as i sat down.
"Glad to see you are okay." He added.
"Am glad you okay made past the pandemic." I said back.
"Mmmhh..so you back to get on with your life in LA?." He asked.
"Actually am here to pick up some documents which i left and clear out our relationship status." I said as he adjusted himself in his seat.
"Uhm..I know the reason for seeing me is you wanna break up with me and you felt it was better to tell me in person instead of a breakup text." He said as he looked me sharply.
"Uhh..Andy....mmmh." I couldn't explain in words as Andrew came direct to the point.
"I saw posted photos of you two together and you look happy together." He added.
"We ain't back together...I was just showing him around if he can remember anything." I said.
"Did he?" He asked back.
"Nop..he only remembers the crash." I replied.
"Look Isaac am glad we having this talk coz we need to officially break up coz as long your ex is alive i will always be in his shadow and i know for the fact you love him." He said.
"Am sorry Andrew that it didn't work for us but i tried and it isn't't right to be seen as a second option coz you deserve best of someone and I can't offer that to you." I said as he stood up from his office seat and walked around his desk to me.
"Come here." He said smiling opening his arms for a hug while i went right between them feeling his tight bear hug as i smelled his chest.
We broke the hug and he cupped a side of my face with his hand.
"We weren't right for each other but lemmi show you this." He said pulling his hand off my face and reaching out to his desk picking his phone and did some scrolling.
"Take a look." He said giving me his phone to take a look.
"Who is this?" I asked seeing a picture of a cute young white guy,his hair had roles and dressed stylish.
"Thats Kevin..the guy am seeing now and is a fashion designer." He said blushing.
"Wow he so cute..you really know how to pick hahaha." I said laughing giving him back his phone.
"Maybe I should introduce you to him..am having a lunch date with him." He said excitedly.
"That will sound weird especially on your new relationship." I said.
"I got nothing to hide...I love him so much." He said.
"Maybe next time coz now i gotta run some errands." I said.
"Isaac i know you love Elijah and he seems he is your happiness somehow...I'd advice you to take him back if you still in love with him...don't let anyone make that decision for you..if you happy with him then stay with him." He said as i got emotional and my eyes were glassy with tears.
"Ohhh my...you still are a cry baby hahah." Andrew said making fun of me.
"Fuck off Andy!" I said smiling.
"I guess it's a goodbye." I said.
"Yeah." He said as we hugged each other again and he even kissed my forehead. Andrew is really a nice guy and the one who is dating him will be lucky.
That night i got some notifications on my Instagram and this time i was tagged to a picture of him with my mum and his mum at my mum's restaurant, apparently they had their lunch their.
Elijah surely hasn't forgotten to surprise me and he looked so adorable with his sparkling blue eyes on one of his photo which i liked.
He stood between my mum and his hugging them while laughing.
As for Miguel he thinks Elijah is on a mission to get me back with the help of his family and definitely tries to get on my family good grace. I stayed in LA for few days before flying back home and the first person to check on me home after my arrival was Elijah and this time he even came to my bedroom and spent some time with me till evening.
We just chilled and sometimes watched me sleeping coz i was tired from the journey i had,he asked me questions about my white fluffy teddy bear which was actually a gift from him. Days later Elijah and i went to bid Manuel,Cecelia and philip goodbyes as the returned back to Chicago, Washington DC and Atlanta.
I accepted the Blake's offer of hiring me in one of their health facilities in New York city and besides that,its my favourite city in America.
The Blake's somehow were more excited than me and even requested me to take Elijah to his favourite cabin spot while doing my paper work.