chapter 14

Next morning as we drove to school with manuel. My phone ranged and from the screen it displayed elijah's name.
"Elijah." I sighed his name.
"Why is he calling you?" Manuel asked.

Me: hey
Elijah: hey,how is your morning?
Me: uhh fine and yours?
Elijah: fine..ummh was just cheking on you..am already in school and i see that lazy moron is late to drive you in.
Me: hahaha cmon..we almost there.

"Are you talking about me?" Manuel interrupted me.
"No manuel." I replied.

Elijah: is that fool eardropping our conversation?

"You asshole i heard that!" Manuel yelled as elijah chuckled from the other end.

Me: Elijah see you in school in a minute.
Elijah: okay

Elijah hanged his phone.
"So whats the reason for calling you?" Manuel asked me.
"To check if am fine." I replied.
"Geeez!..Only that?..Inshort he had no reason to call you?" Manuel asked.
"Duuh!..he is my boyfriend and i told you his reason already." I said to him as manuel parked his car.
"Why him?..Couldn't you get any other guy as your boyfriend instead of that prick?" Manuel asked.
"Like erick the one whom you drove him off?" I asked.
"You know i was doing you a favour and you weren't into him." Manuel said.
"Elijah loves me..i won't argue with you about elijah." I said to him.
"But i don't think he is the right boyfriend for you,he is going to dump you in the end..you two are very different." Manuel said.
"Please listen to me..i know him more than you do..." Manuel added as i cut him off.
"Enough!..what the hell is wrong with you?..stop it manuel!..can't you be happy for me and be supportive?..don't you realize you always hurt me when you talk bad of him?..who are you to condemn him?..or judge him like that?" I yelled out furiously.
"Am sorry..i didn't mean to upset you." Manuel apologised.
"Even if elijah was wrong before he is still entitled to second chance..after all we all humans..we make mistakes manuel and..and its a pity you never gave him a chance." I said wiping tears off my eyes with my hand.
"Am sorry.." manuel said as i got out of his parked car with anger built inside me.
"Wait ike!..Dont be mad." I heard manuel calling back but i continue making my way into the school entrance hoping to spot elijah to make my morning bright.
As i walked through the hallway i was confronted by pentagon gang and elijah wasn't with them. They seemed like they have been waiting for me.
"Ohh!..Finaly..you are here." Henry said to me as the gang approached me.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"You!..We weren't bothered when you were leeching out on manuel but your greedy ass dared to set your eyes on one of our own." Gwen complained.
"What the fuck are you talking bou?..i got no time for your games..leave me alone." I said angrily as i was still in pissed mood earlier from manuel.
"So you got an attitude huh?" Lee asked.
I tried to make my way past them but jamal blocked me.
"Where do you think you are going?" He asked me.
"Whats your problem" I asked in confused by them.
"You are the problem faggot,you set your eyes on elijah." Henry replied while looking at me with disgust.
Who the hell do you think you are?" Angry gwen yelled at me.
"What wrong have i done?" I asked almost crying as i was now frightened of them now.
"You faggot!" Gwen yelled and thats when i felt a stinging sharp pain on my cheek on left side that made me almost loose my balance.
"Aaawhhhh!" I cried in pain as i felt gwen slap on my face. I held my cheek while caressing it slowly to soothe down the pain.
The impact,sound and commotion attracted attention of nearby students though they can't interefere. I was now cornered by pentagon.
"Wow gwen..hahaha i can't believe you just slap the shit outta this gay asshole." Jamal said laughing.
I couldn't escape cause they had sorrounded me.
"Please..don..don..hiihii..hurt me." I said crying while struggling to breathe at the same time.
"Why did you set your filthy eyes on elijah?" Henry asked me as he grabbed me by my collar and manhandling me.
"Please leave me aloone...i didn't do anything bad to you." I begged and cried out my tears. I felt humiliated,alone,scared and that realy pained me.
I struggle to get off from henry's strong grip on my collar.
"So you wanna fight huh?" Henry said as he forcefuly pushed me against the wall and banged my head from the back. I felt my brain shaking from the impact and pain travelled all over my head accompanied by dizzyness.
"Aahhh!..uhhhh!..It..huuurts!...my heead." I cried as i held my head with both hands and lowering myself into a sitting position on the floor to avoid collapsing dangerously on the floor.
"You assholes!"
"Manuel!..Manuel"
"Ike are you okay!"
"Cecelia check him" I heard familiar voices yelling out.
It must be my rescue team.
"Wow!..That's superman punch."
"Yeah..manuel did like roman reign." I heard voices of other students.
I later learnt manuel punched henry as philip and jamal tried to separate them from escalating the fight. Cecelia and elizabeth helped me to my feet.
"Who do you think you are to punch me?..You will pay for this!" Henry threatened manuel.
"I aint scared of you filthy dogs." manuel said back.
"What did he just called us?" Gwen asked in annoyance.
"Bitch!..Are you that stupid to listen?" Cecelia asked her.
"Whats going on here?" I heard elijah's voice.
"Isaac you okay?" Elijah said approaching me but was blocked by manuel who stood between us.
"What the fuck!..Get off my way!" Elijah blurted out.
"Unless you go through me!..I knew soon or later you will get him hurt...your dogs attacked him!" Manuel said as elijah shifted his gaze towards me and observed my sobbing wet eyes.
"Elijah we are trying to put that thing in his place,don't lower your class with this,he is leeching on you." Henry said.
"Tell him elijah that you just toying with him he is worthless of no value." Gwen said.
"You truly are filthy as the words coming out of your lips." Philip said to her.
"So you guys attacked him?" Elijah turned to face his gang.
"Yeah..you should have seen how gwen slapped that shit." Jamal said in amusement.
"You forgot to tell the part where i manhandled him and threw him like a ragdoll." Henry said chuckling.
"Is that so?" Elijah asked them and turned to me and stared me with pity eyes.
"I don't expect you to stand on his side and defend isaac..i always knew that you toying with him thats why i won't ever allow you near him again!" Manuel said.
Elijah gave a cold smile to us which mostly isn't a good sign. I kept asking myself that elijah is my boyfriend and i expect him to defend me but am confused why he isn't acting on it.
"Elijaah." I called out his name as i held my head in pain with glassy eyes. Elijah stared at me with no reply,his face changed from cold to angry.
"Lets go man leave this social climber and his bunch of goons." Henry said standing beside elijah with his arm over elijah's shoulders.
What we saw next took us by suprise and it was realy fast.
Elijah turned with a punch on henry's face.
"Fuck you!..How dare you interefere with my life?..you have the audacity to hurt my princess?" Elijah yelled as henry fell down sitted on the floor from the blow impact,from his facial expression you can tell it took him by suprise and the punch caused him pain from the yell he gave out. By now we were sorrounded by students who were treated by this rare phenominal
"What the fuck man?" Jamal yelled running to help henry to get on his feet.
"What you doing?" Gwen approached elijah's face but elijah shoved her away,she nearly fell down.
"You witch!..Thats for ike!" Cecelia slapped gwen that left gwen falling down on her sideways.
"Cecelia!" I exclaimed.
"Damn!..ceecee!." Philip said laughing.
Lee went to help gwen to her feet,she was scared and crawl against lee.
"You goin to pay for it." Henry charged elijah throwing a punch but elijah blocked with his left hand and punched henry again down.
"Aah!" Henry winced in pain as he was on all four position on the floor. Jamal wanted to rescue his friend but he couldn't. He was undecided and scared of elijah. Elijah grabbed him by his collar and dragging him like a dog towards me,humiliating henry further.
"Apologise to him." Elijah demanded as i stood before the kneeling henry. I have never seen henry this weak.
"Never!" He yelled as he punched elijah's stomach that made elijah loose grip on his collar while manuel quickly pulled me behind him. Elijah quickly hit henry's head with his knee and henry fell on his back and elijah pounced on him grabbing him by his collar trying to pull him up on his feet while henry struggling to free himself as elijah threw him against the wall and started raining blows on him continously.
"You scumbag!..You don't touch what is mine!..How dare you lay your dirty hands on him?" Elijah yelling and hitting him again and again.
Elijah turned into a beast,poor henry was left defending himself helplessly as elijah aggressively rainining blows on his head,stomach. He was beating him badly and at some point i thought he was going to kill him. The crowd panicked with elijah's ruthless attacks on henry.
I didn't recognised elijah. He was different,wild and out of control.
"Elijah stop it!..stop it!" I shouted to him but he kept on attacking bleeding henry.
"Holy shit is goin to kill him."
"Someone stop him!"
Heard some students yelling.
Manuel and philip couldn't take this anymore,they both grabbed elijah and joined by other two male students to pull him off henry and jamal and lee went to help henry,who was bleeding from nose, from lip cuts,had bruises,red and dark spots with a swollen face,he had small cuts.
"Get your hands off me!" Elijah yelled.
"Hey..Elijah calm down." I said to him softly touching his chest as he struggled like a lunatic man trying to set himself free from the grip of both manuel,philip and other two students. I have never seen him like this before and i can tell none of the students have seen this side of his before. His blonde hair was messed up and his blue eyes had dark vibes. It freaked me out a bit to see him like that. He was burning with anger and thirsty for blood.
"I can't believe you did this to one of us." Jamal said in fear.
"Guess seeng is believing" Elijah said glaring at frightened jamal.
"Get your hands off me!" Elijah yelled.
"Hell no!" Manuel said back while still restraining him with other students.
"I wanna make a statement to everyone that isaac is my boyfriend..mess with him then you will have to deal with me." Elijah warned. I felt elijah has overdone it by brutalizing henry but deep down i kinda felt proud of him having my back and declaring it to everyone.
"What's going on here?" Mr.Burlington our school principal yelled out. He approached us and observed the scene as we were all silent and manuel and other students let go of elijah.
"Sir..its.." i was cut off by authorotative tone of mr.burlington.
"You in my office!" The principal said to me.
"I guess you the winner of this UFC mess huh...in my office." He said to elijah.
"And our victim...take him to the infirmary and he should also see me after you done with him." He said to henry who was attended by school medics and they were trying to place him on a stretcher.
The school bell rang signaling the beginning of classes.
"Your UFC match is over now get your asses in class!" The principal barked dispersing the crowd as he led elijah and i to his office.
I was first to be questioned by him while elijah was left sitting outside the office waiting for his turn.
"So you are isaac karisa." Mr burlington said sitting behind his work desk working on his computer perhaps checking on my profile.
"Yes sir." I said from my seat feeling timid and scared. Mr.burlington is a very intimidative figure and a giant man. He is a retired marine,despite his tough character he is aware he was dealing with sons and daughters of powerful and influential people in america. So he has to be cautious and even let go of some trouble caused by some students and he has to save the school face as he was paid handsomely.
"You are averagly new here and your record is clean and impressive..you even joined eden's golden club honourary..i guess i have to trust whatever comes from your mouth." He said to me admiring on what he saw on my profile.
"Yes sir." I said.
"Now spill it." He said.
I explained to him everything while he was swinging on his seat.
"I see..uhh!..teen love dramas are so exhausting..did your boyfriend had to beat henry like that?..hey young man...you do know your boyfriend is blake...he doesn't even need to go to school to make it in life while you need school,education." He said as i nodded silently.
"You are a very disciplined bright student so avoid getting caught in these rich kid wars and dramas." He said to me.
"But sir...elijah wasn't at fault here..henry is the cause of all this." I said.
"All am saying is don't loose focus on your education..you can go to class and tell your boyfriend to get in." He said.
"Okay sir." I said standing up.
"Hey..do me a favour...control your boyfriend,guide him,afterall seems you the one who can get inside him." He said to me.
"I'll do my best." I said leaving.
"Babe..the principal wants to see you now." I said to elijah once i was outside.
He stood up facing me,his eyes were angelic and looked at me with so much concern.
"You okay?" He asked me.
"Yeah..i hope you will too after this." I said back as he stepped close to me and kissed my forehead.
"Don't worry about me..i will do it again and again if someone dares to hurt you." He said to me and went inside the principal's office. I went to class after i saw elijah disappearing into principal's office.
It's the last class to lunch break and we haven't yet heard of elijah and henry. Maybe they are talking it out avoiding to become a big issue or not to involve their parents.
At cafeteria during lunch break you could tell the main topic is about the morning fight and my relationship with elijah.
"I can't believe elijah beat henry that way." Manuel said.
"Yeah and he did that for isaac..his boyfriend." Philip said.
"Why are you astonished?..of all people shouldn't you be the one used to see him fighting?..you two fight each other alot." Cecelia said.
"This is different cece..you saw him..he was different..that guy is a beast." Manuel said.
"May be he is a bipolar or he has anger issues." Philip said as i remained silent.
"Honestly he scared the shit out of me,no offence isaac but your boyfriend is a monster." Cecelia said with concern.
"Says the one who slapped that bitch gwen." Philip said as we all laughed.
"Isaac ain't you scared of him now?..Cause elijah seems he can't control himself." Elizabeth asked me.
"Am worried bou you isaac coz your boyfriend seemed volatile." Manuel said.
"Don't worry guys..he is nice too,kind and caring." I replied her.
"Which elijah are you describing ike?..Certainly its not this elijah blake we saw today." Cecelia said.
"Ohh..nooo...seems you lost your mind when your head got banged." Philip said.
"I still don't understand how you two get along together even after this incident you still convinced he is fine?" Manuel asked me.
"Wouldn't you have done the same for elizabeth?" I asked him.
"I understand,i would do the same but not exactly like him beating henry ruthlessly and uncontrollable." Manuel said.
"Thanks guys..i realy appreciate your concern." I said.
"You must have charmed him alot to go all out like that defending you but be careful isaac..don't break his heart or else you might end up on receiving end." Elizabeth warned. Her warning got me worried a bit coz it made sense to me that elijah has a potential to cause mayhem in my life if i ever break his heart.
"She is right isaac..be on look out..he might be a psycho." Cecelia said.
"So what do you think will happen to them?" I asked.
"As you can see over at the pentagon table..henry is still missing..after what he went through?..i don't think he will attend any class today." Philip said.
"Maybe he is in the hospital or gone home already." Elizabeth said.
"Your boyfriend." Philip motioned to me elijah walking to the counter as the school chef served him his lunch and proceeded sitting on an empty table alone. All eyes were on him,Its obvious he is nolonger a pentagon now. He looked strong and confident but he wasn't in a good mood.
"He looks lonely." Elizabeth said.
"And dangerous." Manuel added.
"He used to be like that before joining pentagon,a loner and cold." Philip said.
"Go and talk to him." Cecelia pushed the idea which i was thinking of it already.
"What?..There is a reason why he is sitting alone!..Let him cool off his anger a bit." Manuel said.
"Actualy talking to someone he likes will cool him off,its a good therapy instead of letting him get consumed in his anger alone." Elizabeth said.
"This is a bad idea." Manuel said.
"Well if its true what isaac is saying bou elijah being nice and caring to him then i think only him can get through him coz he is his weakness." Elizabeth said.
I looked at manuel and he nodded in agreement.
"Be careful ike." Manuel said.
I smiled and carried my tray of food and walked to a distance where elijah table is.
I felt like the whole cafeteria is looking my way as i walked towards elijah who has lowered his head down playing with his food with a folk. I guess some are asking where i got all that courage from but i felt i can connect with him like no other here. I wasn't that scared of him like other students although he did frightened me today.
I sat silently opposite him,facing him and placed my tray gently on the table.
"Elijah..uhh..mmmh was worried about you..you okay?" I said observing him as i stretched my right hand to his left hand,my fingers touched his fist mode hand as he was still silent not reacting to my presence.
"Okay i guess you need some alone time." I said pulling my hand back but his left hand immediately pounced on my hand and felt that warmth enveloping the back of my hand.
I relaxed my hand getting the signal he doesn't want me to leave him alone. He caressed my hand briefly as our fingers interwined while i chuckled.
He raised his head and gave me that killer smile that i fell in love with.
"Am better now hearing your voice and seeng my princess." Elijah said smiling.
"Thanks for having my back." I said.
"I will do it again for you." Elijah said.
"But you were an animal back there i didn't recognise you in that moment,you were ruthless." I said.
"You mine and am ruthless to anyone who hurts you." Elijah said with his low sexy horse voice.
"Where did you learn to fight like that?" I asked him.
"I do take martial art class from time to time when am bored." He replied.
"You moved like a vampire..you fast." I said.
"Maybe i am." He said smiling.
"Mmmh..looks like there is more i need to know about you." I said.
"With due time babe." He replied.
"Now everyone knows we in a relationship." I said to him.
"Better..now they will think twice to mess with you." Elijah said smiling making me blushing as we continue playing with each other fingers.
"Your food is getting cold come on eat." I emphasised trying to change the topic cause he is creating a sexual mood at the moment.
Elijah just grinned at me,we pulled our hands back and we ate our lunch silently while i steal glances at him everytime and he would smile every bit.
"You can look at me whenever you want." Elijah said munching some chicken leg.
"I want you tomorrow to be sitting with us at our table." I said to him.
He stopped chewing for a second looking at me seriously.
"I think by now they already told you am dangerous,arrogant and cold...i do well by myself." Elijah said to me.
"Thats why i don't understand how i ended up falling for you." I said,making elijah laugh while i smiled watching him laughing.
"Ahaha!..your friends don't like me,they hate me." Elijah said.
"After what you did today?..They dont hate you but rather appreciate for standing up for me,just give them a chance to be your friends too,they genuine,funny and stubborn too." I said to elijah.
"Okay i will think about it but lets see if they trust me with you if i propose this." Elijah said,i felt like he was coming up with a test.
"What might that be?" I curiously asked.
"Mmhhh..from today onwards i will be driving you home after school." Elijah said.
"Awww..thats cute..why not?..I see no problem with that." I said calmly.
"You won't but your friends will especialy that guard dog of yours." Elijah said.
After classes i told manuel that elijah will drive me back home,he was hesitant but agreed with the help of elizabeth. I kind feel elizabeth is a bit insecure with manuel behaviour towards me,cause he is acting like a jealous boyfriend when someone flirts with me,maybe she feels manuel might have some feelings beyond friendship towards me thats why she is rooting for me to be in a relationship. We stayed with manuel at the parking lot till elijah appeared grinning at me.
"Try not to loose your cool" Manuel said to elijah as he bid goodbye to me and drove off out of the school compound.
"Are you sure there is nothing between you two?..i mean more than being friends?" Elijah asked.
"Why?" I asked.
"He acts like your boyfriend." Elijah said.
"He is like that over protective of me." I said to him.
"No need of that anymore cause am here..come on get in the car." Elijah said motioning me inside his car.
"I love your car taste." I said as i adjusted myself in the car seat and fastened the seatbelt.
"I realized you were fascinated by my car since the first day you stepped in this school." Elijah said as he started the engine.
"You saw that?" I asked with suprise.
"Yeah thats how i noticed you back there cause no one dares touch my stuff but was puzzled by this little boy who dared touch my car." Elijah said smiling.
"Hahah so am i now allowed to touch your stuffs?" I asked smiling to him as he drove the car reverse.
"Mmh yeah but not only that babe..you can also touch the real stuffs." Elijah said in a cocky tone and winked at me as he drove out of the school compound.
I knew what he meant,it was sexual,touching his real stuffs meant his body.
"I wanna invite you for sleepover at my place this coming weekend." Elijah said.
"I would love too but will your parents be okay?" I asked with a worried voice knowing for a fact they are Blake family,you just don't step in their den like that.
"No nothing to worry but what of your parents?" He asked.
"They will be okay as long as i got some school assignments to do with you." I said to him coming up with an excuse.
We arrived at our house and i loosened my seat belt and taking my backpack at the backseat.
"Thank you elijah." I said to him.
He looked at me so passionately,loosening his seatbelt and leaned over kissing my lips so tenderly.
"Goodnight babe." He said to me.
"Goodnight bae." I said to him as i opened the car door and walked to the front main door of our house. I looked back and bid elijah bye then he drove off as i entered our house.
After supper when i was retiring to my bedroom i saw the fight videos,seemed to be trending in eden among students as they have been turned into memes.
I felt my relationship with elijah hae sanked deeper. I never thought this grumpy,angry,arrogant boy could smile alot to me,laugh,be playful and love me this much.
I feel that such rare attitude and characters am the only one he shows to.
Even earlier when he was in a beast form he still looked handsome with his messy hair.
It kinda boost my confidence now that i got a powerful boyfriend.