chapter 1

7 years ago

"come on Jasmine, just try , you're over reacting they may not be as bad as you think"

but that's impossible. all of them, all the kids around my age , I just can't seem to get along with them, the boys are annoying and the girls are the worst, I can't think of a day that not at least one of them in my school didn't insult me in any way possible.

every day its countless insults of my looks, being a nerd ,having big glasses you know... or humiliating pranks that will ruin my entire day, or even after school, they would post a bad picture or a video of me crying around the school halls.

sometimes i feels like ill never have friends, I don't have any.

not even one.

fortunately my mom agreed to be my best friend when I asked her to be, and my big brother is my other one. my dad is also a friend of mine but not a best one, only because he's at work all day so we don't hang out a lot, I hope some day he will be.

I'm currently at my room, looking out of the window at the new neighbors of the house that right in front of ours, getting boxes out of their car, they are a family with two kids, look my age pretty much , two boys, same height, one of them with black hair and the other has a dirty blonde hair, they're laughing about something their dad told them, I wish to spend more time with my dad .

my mom's calling me again "come on! I've already talked to their mom she's super nice and she said they're fifteen, almost just like you and look, they are living just across from us, don't you think it would be nice to be friends with someone so close to you?"

"first of all mom I'm thirteen, I'm shocked you don't know my age you're my mom!, and second of all what makes you think they will want to be my friends? them being friends with Theo makes way more sense, he's sixteen."

Theo is my big brother, my only brother, and I love him .

mom rolls her eyes. "these are just lame excuses, who knows maybe you guys will be great friends and you're just over reacting, stop thinking that everyone are the same as those mean kids in your school "

maybe she's right, I do need to make some friends.

fine... "okay, I'll come"

I follow my mom down the stairs to the front door. and I'm nervous. what if they won't like me?what if they'll think I'm weird? what if they'll make fun of my big glasses and think that I'm ugly? what if- "hi"

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't realize I zoned out, and the dirty blonde haired kid was approaching and talking - to me?

I looked around and realized that he did talk to me . "hi?"

"I'm Jordan, what's your name?"

"Jasmine." I said shyly.

"well I'm your new neighbor, my mom wanted me to come here and talk to you"

of course his mom is the reason he came to talk to me. why would he want to come talking to me by himself? I'm nothing but a nerd.

"oh well...hi " I didn't really know what to say.

"well I actually was the one who wanted to talk to you but I was too shy to just come to you so my mom pushed me to do it, I'm getting nervous around new people" he paused for a second, then he cleared his throat and continued "anyways... I hoped that maybe if you want to, we could be friends?"

I looked at him like he had two heads. what? am I hearing him right? he wants to be friends? with me?

I didn't realize I took too much time to answer when he started speaking again. "oh shit, did I scare you with this question? I'm sorry you don't have to-"

"I would love to be friends with you"

of course I would like to be his friend, he looks really cool and this is my chance to have an actual friend. it might be the best day of my life. my first friend ever.

"oh, great, I also want you to meet my twin brother, where is he...?" he started looking around till his eyes fell on his twin brother "there he is- KADE!" he called his brother and the black haired boy came running towards us.

"hey what's up-" his eyes fell on me. "who is this?" he asked his brother, still looking down at me, I didn't realize how tall they were compared to me.

"I'm..Jasmine" I said shyly.

"that's Jasmine, our new neighbor.... and our new friend."

our new friend? our? I have two friends? I cant believe it! it is the best day of my life!!

"well its nice to meet you Jasmine, I'm Kade, this dickhead's brother" he referred to his twin brother next to him.

I chuckled, when Jordan rolled his eyes to his brother then looked at me and asked "do you have any siblings?"

"yeah, my big brother Theo is upstairs in his room, would you like to come in and meet him? he's very cool we can all hang out together"

what are you doing Jasmine you just started being friends with them don't annoy them with your company already or else they'll break up this friendship.

I was about to apologize when they both said "yeah"

I took them to Theo's room and just like I knew they will, they got along with him quickly, we all hung out for hours, we were playing video games, board games, watched some movies , made pizza and some pancakes , it was the best day of my life .

it was a start of a great friendship.