Chapter 2: Prison

(P.s pic of Noah above^^)

"Bye Mom, Dad, and Bree", I yell as I leave with my bookbag and a kiss on the cheek from my Mom and Dad. They were going to be leaving for a convention, and the trip lasted two weeks. Anyway, turns out I really like what Bree chose for me to wear. I didn't think she would find me something comfty yet soooo....Dope! I was currently wearing black joggers, a designer sleevless black top, a pair of new awsome Jordans, and Beats around my neck. She also flat ironed my hair. Well, she kinda did, because since she wasn't allowed to, she used my hand to guide the flat iron. I think I was actually looking fly, for once. Not to mention I'm not wearing as much make-up, I used to think that you had to wear alot; untill, Bree said, "Only apply masscara and lipstick". She was actually right. How does she know this stuff?
I have to keep asking my self: what would I do without my little girl.
"What's going through your pretty head, of yours", a male voice said.
"Sisters, make-up, clothes, girl things", I joked as I look up to see the male stranger.
A tall, brown, black haired, guy with wide brown eyes staring into mine. Right then and there I forgot how to breathe; my cheeks flushed red, as he made the most indescribable smile at me. "S-s-so, your late too", I asked trying to make a casual talk.
Man....I hate it when I stutter. Exspecially around cute guys.

"Huh", he replied looking at his watch. "It's only 7:22, if I'm correct school starts at 7:35." What? I was rushing for reason, I almost got burnt by that stupid flat iron, because Bree was rushing. "No your correct, I guess I just had the time wrong", I said through gritted teeth, I figured my mom changed my alarm. She knows I'd rather sleep in and be in a hurry, than loosing precious sleep and being early.
Don't mess around with sleep when it comes to me.
We both talked as we walked to Lincoln High. This would be the last day of being a Junior. I helped the handsome boy that I met, know where his classes were. "Please forgive me, I forgot to tell you my name. It's Noah. Noah Waters." "I'm Jessica Williams", I say as a smile spread across my face. "Hey, before you go um... why are you just now starting school on the last day", I said. Is it me or does that just seem totally unaturual.
"I'm not new, instead of being upstairs I moved to downstairs. Plus I just moved to this neighborhood"
"Oh", is all I said because I knew that the first part was a huge lie, because we didn't even have the Juinors set up like that, only in Patterson High. I would have questioned him more, but he looked so uncomfortable about the subject. I figured maybe it's family stuff.

I stopped at my locker when Jada and her evil clique came toward me. She flipped her long blond hair, as she glared at me. She caught everyone's attention, as always she loves attention. Good or bad.
"What do you want, Jada?"
"I'm just stateing that you take out the trash", she points to a trash can overflowing with garbage. She only said this to get to me, because last week supposebly I started a food fight. (She was the one who threw her noodles at me) Punishment was to be on janitor duty for three days.
I had to put this brat in her place, "So, will I be taking you out, then?" With that she stormed out, while her minions threatened me.
I don't take orders from anyone, so of course I didn't pay attention to what they were saying. A couple of times I try to reason with her, but she never listens. She is vain.

School was over quicker since it was a three hour early out. I was so happy to get
out of that prison.
I didn't see Noah the rest of the school day, something about him seems off. I'm not sure why I even went to school today. Tasha, Janice, Livvie, and Kim didn't even come. ( my four girlfriends)
Ring. Ring. I looked down at my phone as I was searching in my pockets for my house key. It was a message from one of my girls.

**did you c the news, there's a outbreak at tht nearby hosptial😨😱😱** ~Tasha
**NO WAY!😲.....ugh my battery low😔, bye 4 now😘** ~Jessica

I went inside to find my 8 year old sister watching tv, I was confused of how she was in here, because I was suppose to pick her up at school. I then remembered my birthday is next Friday the day I see a concert with my friends. I will finally be 17, and my parents will get me a car.......FINALLY.
"Ummm....how are you here"
"Mom, had let me stay since she left later than expected"
"Oh", I said as I wish Mom or Dad would have told me, because I was having a mini panic attack.
"Oooooooh let's watch a zombie movie", my sister ran to me showing me a movie called, "The Last Of Us."
"Okay, but are you sure you won't be scared", I asked knowing she probably would.
"Nah, I'll fall alseep before it even starts." I laughed, and went to the kitchen to put in a bag of popcorn in the microwave and got out milkshakes from where Dad and Mom left for us from yesterday night.
I laughed to myself.
Bree was right, she fell right to sleep. It was 7:00 when the movie ended, I got a txt reminding me about Bree's sleepover. Why do people tell me things last minute. I grabbed Bree's already packed bag and gave her a little shove to wake her up.
"Sleepover", she smiled widely with her eyes still closed.
"Yep", I said as Bree sat up, and walked to grab all of her stuff, even the necklace that I gave her that matched mine. We always wear it. It has a matching, pink, shiny stone attached to the chain
"Ready to go?"
"Nah, I'm dressed and have all my stuff with me, but no I'm still not ready", she said with sass and rolled her eyes. That girl drives me crazy.
Her friends came and picked her up and we hugged and told each other goodbye.
I walked upstairs to my room.

FINALLY SLEEP.

~Author's Note
I hope you enjoyed Chapter 2 of Different.
I know this one may have been boring and long, but trust me it's worth it!
I wanted it too tell about her school a little bit, before the apocalypse happened.
And I wanted to have a boy introduced to this chapter.
What do you think about Noah?
Thanks, for reading!! Chapter 3 will be published either Tues. or Fri. !!!
Don't forget to ask questions, give me feedback about suggestions and how you liked it.
Also, just for my readers to know.....
Chapter 3 is when all breaks loose.....