Chapter 3: The Beginning of the UnDead

"AAAAAAHHHH!" I wake up in a pool of sweat and having trouble breathing.
I had a nightmare about the movie last night....it felt so real.
I hear police and people screaming outside my window. I shiver in fear at just the sounds coming from outside. I sat up straight, grabbed a nearby hair bow, and pulled my hair into a ponytail letting my bang rest on the side of my face, I was very curious. I quickly sprint towards the half opened window and look through. "Oh my gosh", I back away from the window. I just stood there paralized in fear trying to figure out what I just witnessed.
My next door neighbor being tore apart by.......I don't even know. I pick up my phone and saw 'News Alerlts' on my phone.
I read what it says: " Local hospital has a outbreak of a disease that shows aggressive behavior towards all living species." I skip over most of the stuff when a word caught my eye and made my stomach drop.
Zombies... I laugh when I see this, it can't be true. I then remember what I saw out the window.
The only thing I say is, "Bree."

The first thing I do is put on a jacket and a pair of vans, then run downstairs.
My head was spinning, is this really happening? Is Bree okay? What about my- CRASH!! I heard the sound of glass break as I stopped on the third to last step.
I shook, at the possibilities of who it could be.
As, I got off the last step a female figure rushed towards me.
I make a run for it, but she was too fast. She scratched my right forearm and pulled me down the stairs. I landed with a thud, as I fell to the floor beneath me.
"AAHH, HELP ME" , I screamed, even though nobody was here. Her face made tears escape my eyes, because this was my neighbor...Mrs.Baker. Her face was covered in splashes of different shades of blood. Half of her face was decaying.
It growled at me and was now on top of me, as I lay flat on the floor.
I closed my eyes, and kept fighting it off of me.
Was this it.....am I going to die?
No, I told myself I used every fight in me and pushed the flesh eating thing away, harder than ever. I was able to get it off of me, and took that time to run for my life. I dashed on top of the couch and turned left towards the kitchen. I turn to look behind me, the zombie is very close to catching up to me. My eyes scan every counter for a weapon, and then a shiny knife caught my eyes.
I dash for the knife on the kitchen table, and grab it.
Knife still in my hand I spinned around just in time, and stabbed it at where I know it will die.
Blood splatters all over me, my face, my hair, my short shorts with hearts on it, and my long sleeve shirt with a jacket on top had blood....everywhere. My eyes wide in disbelief, I start shaking uncontrollably and dropped the knife that had my neighbors blood on it.
I collapse and let the tears run down my face, I just killed Mrs.Baker, my neighbor.
I'm a murderer.
I knew it wasn't really her in there....but still. I gave myself a minute, after my breakdown and grabbed the knife and darted out the door.
Why?
Beacuse my baby sister was out there!
I zoom by houses that were on fire, people crying, people shooting. Ow! I cry in pain as I fell and felt a shoot of pain go up my right arm. What the heck is happening!?
I felt weak and pain went through out my body. The determination to find my sister was the only thing that kept me moving. I got back up quickly and ran faster. I cry louder as the pain got worst, but I couldn't give up, not now. My eyes search throughout the skattered people, their houses on fire, and police cars with zombies eating away inside.
My nightmare was now coming alive.
I look around to see a little girl crying under a porch.....Bree!
I ran faster and faster, she ran faster and faster to me. She gave me a hug so tight and cried in my arms. I check all over her for bruises or any other injuries. "I love you" I say when I meet her eyes that trail off behind me in fear.

"AAAAAAHHH, RUN BREE! RUN!" That's all I could say before I felt a painful piercing in my stomach. I groaned in pain and fell to my feet, but all I could see was a male looking down at me with a smirk across his face. With that he walked away.
NOOO!
I crawled, my hand over the bleeding mid-section of my stomach, as I tried going in the direction my sister headed in.
Everything was turning blurry, and I gave-up, and prayed for my sister to be okay.
I lay on my back, on the wet road. "J-Jessica?!" I turn my head to see, Bree is running towards me tears down her face.
Her mouth was moving, but I couldn't hear anything. I reached my right hand out to touch her face one last time. I could see her yelling, furiously trying to keep me from closing my eyes. I saw a boy with deep gray blue-ish eyes piercing into mine, with worry.
"Hang in there", is what the boy seems to say, as he puts pressure on my wound.

Then, everything went black as night...........

I am dead.....right?
I don't feel alive that's forrsure.
All I can think about is Bree, my parents, and that boy that attempted to save me.

The thing that I really can't shake off is who that man was that killed me.

.......Noah

~Author's Note
Hey my readers this chapter came out sooner, because I couldn't wait any longer!
How did you feel about this chapter?
Don't forget to send me feedback and vote for my book!
Spread the word about my book, also!