chapter thirty-one

During the car drive, Pablo tried talking to her all the time, to keep her awake and that he knows that shes alright, while Bella only had one thought in her mind. She wanted to get that car, but even in this state she is able to know that things wouldn't end well, if she would jump out of a driving car, so she stayed. She doesn't listen to what Pablo is telling her, she can't even concentrate on the streets, so she also has no idea where they are or when they will get home. The numb feeling in her legs vanished, but will probably come back when she will move them. 

Once again she closes her eyes, the darkness surrounding her, a loud penetrating beep and the soft sound of Pablos voice in her ears. She feels better again, not seeing everything fuzzy anymore helps her with it. As she feels him grabbing her hand and pressing it, she opens her eyes and looks over to him. She doesn't say anything, knowing that she would say something stupid, so she just looks into his eyes. "Wanted to make sure you're alive". A weird feeling spreads in her stomach, looking to him for one more second before turning away again. Even though she didn't listen to what he said, she misses his voice now in her ears, calming her down.

 Bella has no idea how long they were driving, but as soon as the car stopped, she got out of the car. "Hey, Bee wait". She ignores him and stumbles in the direction of the door, trying not to fall to the ground. He never called her Bee, until yesterday when they he was showing her the house. She didn't had time thinking about it, being too angry at him, but now as she thinks about it, she likes it. Nearly everybody always called her Bella, expect for those people that wanted to piss her off, they called her Isabella, but Pablos the first one to call her Bee.

As soon as Pablo reached her, he grabs her arm, dragging her closer to him and stabilized her, with holding onto her waist. Groaning at his action, shes still delighted, because otherwise she would have fallen on the hard cement. He opens the door with one hand, walking into the dark house, with Bella leaning on his side. Leaning down, Bella tries to take off her high heels, them hurting her for the entire ride here, but as she lifts one leg up she gets unsteady. 

"Hey, hey, no", Pablo says quickly as he turned around to her again and holds onto her, so she doesn't fall. With his arms around her body, he sits her on the bench, getting on his knees, so that he can take her shoes off. Bella watches him as he gingerly takes off her heels, so that he doesn't hurt her, his fingers rubbing small circles into her skin. Placing her shaking leg on the ground again, he gets up from the ground, taking her heels and putting them to the other shoes. 

As Pablo tries to lift her up again, the dizziness in Bellas body comes back, worse then before. She groans as she gets up again, the pounding in her head making it hard for her to keep her eyes opened. "Fuck", she curses and leans her head to the side, against Pablos shoulder. She didn't hear what he said next, the beep in her ear always getting louder, but as he lifts her up, his arms under her knees and on her back, she closes her eyes again. 

Looking down to the girl in his hands, who looks like shes sleeping, he again thinks about Roberts words. He doesn't belive what he told him, but sometimes he thinks what would happen if she only wanted the attention that she gets from being with him. He doesn't think or expect from her that she would ever betray him, everytime he looks in her big eyes, she looks like an angel, who would never do anything bad or hurt anybody ever. 

With his elbow he turns on the light of the bedroom, walking over to the wardrobe and removing his hand from her knees, so that she stand on her own feet again. "Can you stand?", he asks as he tries to remove his hand from her back, waiting a few seconds, but she doesn't fall or stumble. "You want to take the dress off?". He knows that the dress probably isn't comfortable at all, so he wanted to help her taking her dress off. A small, nearly unreconizable nod from her head and a quiet mhm, giving Pablo his permission to help her to undress. Its not like he didn't do it before, but now as shes pissed at him and still drunk, he asked to not piss her off even more.