PART 6 - DATE NIGHT

RUBY

"How mad do you think he's going to be?"  I say nervously to the three gorgeous pups who are sat on the high stools at the kitchen island opposite me as I chop up some mushrooms.

"Do you want the honest answer? Or do you want me to make you feel better and lie?" Jackson chuckles as he throws up some popcorn and catches it in his mouth.

"Lie to me."

"Oh yeah, he'll be totally fine, Gamma Dax is a pussy cat." Giggles Harper as she dives her hand into the popcorn bowl and takes a big handful as I chew on my bottom lip.

"What about you? How much trouble do you think I'm in?" I say to the dark-haired beauty with huge hazel eyes as I throw her a piece of popcorn and she catches it her mouth giggling.

"You're fucked." Avery deadpans.

"Avery! Language!" Harper chastises as everyone including myself giggles.

Sighing, I look down at the pizza's we've made and hope it's enough to stop Dax being on the war path once he gets home. It's been nearly four hours since I left the training centre and I'm getting anxious that he's not home yet.

"You think these will really help?" I say to Jackson dubiously.

"Well, he's eaten everything else you've cooked him so far this week, it can't hurt to cook his favourite food." He says shrugging his shoulders before eating some more popcorn.

Speaking of the devil, the front door finally swings open and Gamma Dax strides in with his usual scowling face as his eyes scan the room until they land on the four of us in the kitchen. I'm surprised to see that in his hands are a multitude of shopping bags. Shit, maybe it's to replace all those pink clothes he now has.

"What the fucks all this?" He growls as he comes into the kitchen. "It's like a fucking school in here with all you pups."

I don't miss that he looks at me as well as Jackson, Harper, and Avery when he says this making me frown. Does he really see me as that young?

"Our mum sent us here with an invitation for you all to join us for a family breakfast tomorrow." Smiles Harper ignoring Dax's grumpy attitude.

"No." He says as he walks past the pups and ignoring me entirely.

Craning our necks, we all follow his action from the kitchen island as he walks down the corridor, opens my bedroom door, and throw the bags inside making me frown.

"The clothes are for me?" I whisper to the pups. "He can't be that mad if he's got me clothes."

"You're in so much shit." Avery whispers back making me throw some popcorn at her head just as Dax marches back into the kitchen and we all pretend we didn't just watch him.

"Home, now." Dax says to the girls, but neither of them show the slightest bit of fear making me bite my lower lip smiling.

"Not until you accept the invitation." Harper says firmly.

"Tell your mum I'm too busy." Dax growls.

Harper takes out a notebook and opens it up, reading something inside it before looking back at Dax.

"My mum said that training has been pushed back till eleven, so you've plenty of time." Harper grins.

"What the fucks is this?" Dax growls before he grabs the pad off Harper and flicks the pages.

"Momma wrote down responses to any excuse you might come up with not to come, there's over thirty. Go ahead, try and get out of it." Avery giggles making Dax pinch his nose as if a headache is forming.