will we ever learn?

richie fell asleep on mike, who immediately texted eddie.

mikee: eddie, i'm so sorry, i can't make it. my grandpa won't let me leave unless my barn chores are done. i really hope you're okay. :( ❤️

he set his phone down and sighed, closing his eyes as well. he implored to know the story. why'd they break up? they were both so madly in love.

eddie had finally calmed down as well, the other losers sitting with him in his bed. beverly had him in a side hug that he leaned into, bill with a hand on his knee. ben and stanley both sat there, wanting to speak up and help in some way.

"what happened?" beverly asked.

"um.." eddie said. he sniffed and wiped his tears. "basically, i saw some guy and richie hanging out together.. which i obviously didn't think about too much, because richie can hang out with whoever he wants. but, he got a text from the other guy, connor, saying he was sorry and that he 'loved' richie. a-and, richie tried to deny it but he's literally fucking cheating and i know it. all he ever talks about nowadays is connor, and now he's texting shit like 'i love you'? i feel so fucking invisible to him and it's like richie just doesn't care. and i don't want to be hurt by this later on as we grow closer, so i just ended it now before it's too late."

"richie cheated?!" beverly yelped, trying to stay quiet.

"yeah!" eddie cried, sniffing and trying to wipe his eyes.

"but.. that's not like him.." ben mumbled.

"yeah, well, i guess that's just a lie. god, i should've just read the fucking signs!" eddie cried.

"i know, baby. i'm so sorry," beverly mumbled, hugging eddie as he cried.

(oi stfu eddie, u didnt even let my man richie explain now you're saying he's cheating this is paining me to write.)

the losers all got a notification after some time of hanging out with eddie, all but bill ignoring it.

"g-g-guys, richie texted.." bill said.

"just ignore him. what he did was wrong," beverly sighed.

"you don't have to ignore him just for me," eddie said.

"yeah, well, it's what good friends are for," said beverly, causing eddie to smile.

"what do i do?! they're not even answering me!" richie sobbed.

"calm down," mike whispered, hand on richie's.

"i can't.. i can't, i can't," richie sobbed, not breathing. he squeezed his eyes shut, eyebrows almost touching, and his mouth wide open as he sobbed out words.

"shh.." mike cooed. "it's okay, i'm here. let everything out."

richie just cried once again. he hadn't stopped except for falling asleep. he'd never cried so hard before, felt like his eyes might pop out of his head.

losers stick together

richie likes men: guys? anyone?

georgie's slave: rich.. don't- (im trying to at least be a little respectful) dont talk to us anymore. what you did is awful. :/

richie quickly picked up his phone at the message, only to start screaming sobbing and he threw his phone away from him.

"what?!" mike yelped.

"they don't l-li-l-l-i-ke m-m-me anymore! they do-don't even wanna b-b-e-be my friend!" richie sobbed into his hands.

mike picked up his phone and checked the message, absolutely stunned by what bill just said. and the fact that bill said it was even worse.