call my friends and i tell them that i loved them.

"do you wanna talk after this period?" eddie asked quietly, picking his nail.

"yes," richie rushed. eddie nodded and looked around the room awkwardly.

richie wiped his eyes and sat awkwardly, leg bouncing quickly. he was a wreck.

the bell rang quicker than expected. richie shifted uncomfortably and sniffed, eyes tired as he gathered his stuff and shoved it in his bag. eddie led him out of the classroom, walking next to him as they talked.

"so," eddie mumbled. "how's.. um.. things going at home..?"

"uh.." richie uttered. "o-okay."

eddie nodded.

"ed- uh.." beverly started, but glanced at richie. she looked at eddie with disgust that was clearly targeted to the person beside him. "eddie, leave richie alone. he doesn't deserve you."

she walked up to eddie, grabbed his wrist, and walked the other way with him. richie stood frozen, eyes wide. he turned and watched them walk quickly, beverly dragging eddie.

richie thought eddie might've at least looked back. he didn't.

he started crying and took a deep breath, looking up to stop the tears. he felt himself be shoved to the floor, and heard laughing.

"stupid fag!"

"hah! fairy's crying!"

bullies.

richie face planted and laughter broke out through the entire hall. he shivered and grabbed his glasses, trying to stand.

"where's he gonna go?"

"go cry to your boyfriend, stupid crybaby!"

"disgusting bitch!"

he felt someone kick him in the leg and blew out. shit. bowers, wasn't it?

"well well, who do we have here?" bowers taunted, crouching next to richie.

"go away, henry," he breathed out.

"i'll pass," henry said evilly, grabbed richie by the hair and started dragging him through the halls away from the large crowd.

"stop! let go, bastard!" richie screamed, his eyes welling up. he kicked his legs and tried taking control of his movement so that he wasn't being dragged by his scalp any longer.

"quit it, stupid fag. you're getting what you deserve," henry scowled.

"LET GO!" richie screamed. henry chucked richie against a wall, slamming his back against it. he groaned hard, breathing heavily as he hit the floor.

henry walked over and straddled over richie, who had a hard time staying conscious, eyes almost closed.

"little- BITCH!" henry shouted, punching richie in the face. richie accepted it.

"i deserve it," he whispered. henry paused and grimaced, punching richie again. "that too."

bowers sat back with a huff. "wow. you're realizing it." richie nodded, only pissing henry off more. "just act like it hurts already!" he screamed in his face, picking richie up by the shoulders and slamming him back down.

"mm," richie hummed. he closed his eyes and his head fell to the side.

"uh-" henry said. he sat back and stared at richie. "you dead?"

"i wish," richie laughed.

"damn, okay," henry chuckled. "i've got a spare knife."

"mm," richie hummed again. henry scoffed. he was no longer smiling. this wasn't fun anymore.