1

"you're fucking sleeping with her?!" pope shouts, the entire block must've heard him. didnt expect my night to go like this. let's rewind just a little bit though.

---

"so you told john b?" i look into those blue eyes that are filled with guilt. jj just told me the full story of how he basically told john b we were hooking up (which we aren't).

"yes. okay, i know! i fucked up, i didnt correct him and i'm a huge dick!" jj paces back and forth on the dock, with his hands on his head. he didn't mean to, so I csnt really blame him can i?

"let me get this one more time.. you told him we were hooking up?" i stare into those blue eyes once again and he looks terrified. nothing I've seen from jj before.

"yes."

"you told him.. we were having.. sex?" i put emphasis on 'sex' just to make sure. he nods once again and i groan.

"i'm sorry! i just didnt correct myself, i used the wrong words! y/n please forgive me, ill tell him at the party tonight." he sits down beside me and takes my hand in both of his. i know jj, and i know he's being sincere.

"promise?" i raise a brow, and he grins and nods.

"promise."

---

"pope, calm down on the drinks dude." kie speaks up. pope never drank, it was so weird seeing him like this.

"aye aye, captain." he rolls his eyes, and walks off. jj and i were enjoying ourselves at least. we were dancing together, and laughing at eachothers terrible dance moves. no one thought anything of it, because these are just the type of things we do together.

"so, did you talk to john b yet?" i try to start up some conversation. his smile disappears.

"oh shit," he mumbles. "i knew i forgot something." he scratches the back of his neck. i feel someone run into me, but dont care. then i hear pope, as if on cue.

"JJ!" he shouts at the top of his lungs. i see him rushing over to us, we were separated from everyone else, dancing on our own, closer to the water. but now everyones eyes were on us.

"you lying piece of shit!" pope shoved him away from me. i felt a pit form in my stomach. john b told him.

"i dont know what youre talking about man!" jj shrugs and glances over at me. i see john b and kiara in the distance. just watching along with all the other people here.

"you're fucking sleeping with her?!" pope shouts, the entire block must've heard him. didnt expect my night to go like this.

"no, no, no, no, no, pope- i can explain!" jj quickly gets defensive, i try to speak up but immediately get interrupted by pope.

"you lied to me man! you swore to me that you wouldnt sleep with her! i didnt care if you liked her! i just asked for one thing!" pope continues screaming at him. but thats just it. 'you swore to me that you wouldnt sleep with her'. what the fuck does that even mean? is that why jjs never done anything too serious? is that why the only move hes made is kissing me behind locked doors?

"pope i didnt sleep with her!" jj shouts back and the second he does, pope punches him in the face. oh fuck. ive never seen him this mad.

"stop lying to me, man!" pope tries to swing again. but john b holds him back, trying to help end all of this.

"you stupid asshole! you promised me you wouldnt! but that's just who you are isn't it? you're just like your dad, you have to sleep with every girl in sight, including your best friend's sister!" he was taking it too far. especially for something that didn't even happen.

"pope! listen to me man! I did not- DID NOT- have sex with your sister!" jj screams back this time. i notice everyone behind us looking confused.

"y/n, back me up here?" jj mumbles and motions for me to come over to him. i do as he asks.

"hes not lying, okay? we didnt hookup. jj and i have just kinda been... uhh-" i look towards jj and shrug he sighs and then finally says something else.

"we've just been making out a bit- okay?  nothing like that." he mumbles. i think he's blushing. i can't tell because he's staring at his shoes. kie and john b look at eachother.

"ewww." they shrug and suddenly everything's back to normal, the speakers were turned back on, everyone was drinking and talking like normal.

"so you really didn't hookup with her?" pope asks one more time. jj groans, and runs a hand through his hair, fixing his hat.

"no. im still a virgin, pope." i roll my eyes, and grab jjs hand, leading him into the crowd and to an empty spot without too many people.

"were you being for real back there? youre a- you know.." jj waits for me to say it. he always gets embarrassed like this.

"a virgin?" he nods. "yes."

"oh." he states. ive seen that reaction from him tons of times and it usually doesn't mean anything good.

"is that a deal breaker?" i laugh and he stares into my eyes for a second, analyzing my every move.

"i dont think anything could be a deal breaker when it comes to you." he mumbles, i almost didnt hear him. he keeps up the eye contact and suddenly i feel myself leaning closer.

he puts his left hand on my waist, and his right hand on my cheek. i feel my entire body heat up.

"is this okay?" he whispers. i nod and our lips collide. we move in sync, perfectly. i cup his face and pull away, resting my forehead on his. we both breathe for a minute before connecting our lips again. it felt so free.

"y/n!" i hear my friend, topper, call my name. i pull away again, and groan.

"i'll be right back, i promise." i grin, and run off to find topper. i see him near a huge tree branch, and wander off.

---

1045 wordssss