Chapter 4 💫

"Kotaro, let's go. We're going to be late!" You yelled at your three year old

Kotaro came running into the living room with his curly dirty blonde hair bouncing on his head and his tiny white wings flapping behind him.

"I'm ready, Mommy!" Looking at you with his golden eyes

"Okay, let's get your shoes on." you say, reaching down to grab them.

"Wait I-I forgot my Endeavor plushie!" Kotaro took off back down the hall. He loves that plushie with all his heart and took it everywhere.

"Okay now I'm ready" he giggled.

You helped him put his shoes on. At the same time, you were teaching him how to tie them. He was so bright for a 3yr old.

"Let's get you to daycare."

"Okay! Ready Devor? Kotaro made the little plushie head nod too. He originally wanted the Hawks plushie but you felt like that was a little too close to home. But You decided to get it for him anyway. You didn't want to be that type of mother. Even though you were grateful, the store was sold out of them so he settled for the Endeavor Plushie.

You both walked outside, locking the door. You ensured the door was locked and made your way to the bus stop. It was only a 15 min ride to your job. The hospital was kind enough to build a daycare next door due to so many parents needing a location close to the hospital.

"Are you excited to see your friends today?" You ask while walking up to the daycare center.

"Yup! Kai will be there today, but it's his last." Kataro pouted

"Aw, why is that baby?" you lowered yourself so you could be at eye level with your son

"He's going to Tiny Seeds." He said

"Tiny Seeds? Ohh, the new learning center for Hero kids at U.A." you got an email from the teacher mentioning some of the kids moving there due to safety reasons. You knew it was due to the rise of crimes and how vilians would capture hero children and hold them for ransom. You wished you could move Kotaro but no one knew he was the number 2 hero son.

" I can ask his mom later to see if Kai could come over for a sleepover. How does that sound?"

"Really, Mommy!?" His eyes grew big and his wings began to flutter. He almost flew off the grown before you grabbed him.

"Yes baby I will ask. But you must be a good boy and not fly away from your teacher again. Okay?"
"Okay," Kotaro said sadly. He loved flying, but you didn't know how to teach him properly, and you were afraid he would fly off and hurt himself.

"Hey, chin up, Mommy, still looking for a flying teacher. I promise you'll learn soon  and I always keep my promises." You say, holding out your pinky finger

"Mommy keeps her promises."  he nodded and locked his pinky in yours and kissed it, and you did so as well.

"You have a good day and I will see you later?"

"Okay Mommy, love you!" he gave you a big hug and took off running towards the door waving back at you as he entered.
You waved back at him and began your journey to the other side of the building to your department.

"How's Kotaro this morning? Sora asked

"He's good." You sighed

"What's wrong." Sora pushed her office chair next yours

"It's just I wish Kataro knew his father. He wants to soar with the birds and be free. I can't find a flying instructor anywhere! I even started watching nature videos on how moma birds teach their babies to fly and it's terrifying."