Chapter Four: Not Too Sure Where This Goes

Danny's POV:

I decided to call Claire early today while I waited for Zayn to finish packing up. My idea is basically to take her out for breakfast again or something. The closer I get to her, the quicker I'll earn her trust. Although I feel like an asshole for not even calling her yesterday at all after I had dropped her off, I couldn't risk losing the connection we already had.

"Hey, love bird!" I hear Zayn scream from his kitchen.

"Oh, hey. You done?" I ask, watching him bring bags and bags with all of his stuff inside.

"I could use a little help, you know?" He pauses, "this is such a great plan, Danz! She'll fall in love immediately, and we'll have the revenge we've been wanting since forever!"

I simply just cringe at his words. I could not imagine hurting Claire, let alone kill her after I saved her life myself! Then astonishment hits me as her voice starts playing in my mind like a beautiful melody repeating her nickname she has for me, "Danz." It didn't sound as pleasing to hear it from my cousin, but her voice in my mind is my only focus right now.

"Okay... Well fuck you and your awkward in-between pauses Daniel. Anyways, listen, since I'm moving back in tonight, I decided we'd have a party. You know, bring the girls and the family over... At least what's left of it." I catch him barely whispering those last few words. "Have a good time, you know?" he quickly recovers by adding in his usual tones and smirks to his words.

"What the actual fuck?! No! You are not bringing anyone to the house tonight, you literally just moved in! And to top shit off, you technically don't even even live there yet, because half of your junk is still here in this hell hole!"

"Danny, calm the fuck down. Relax, the party doesn't have to be tonight if you don't want it to. It could be any other day, like tomorrow, maybe? You down? Come on bro! You literally haven't partied in years.." I hear him huff and whisper his last words. How can he even say that?!

I seriously can't believe my bitch of a cousin was thinking about having a party at my father's handed down house to me. He knows how I feel about parties, and my lack of trust for anyone, including what's left of our family.

"It's still a no. I'm so done with all this bullshit you always put me through." I finally say.

"Come on bro, we're the closest thing to family we have left, all we have is each other. Us two and no one else. They're all gone. You're like my brother, you know that, and I'm finally moving back in. You should be happy!" He pauses and with a puzzled expression waits for me to give the final answer.

"I really don't give a fuck."

"You could bring Claire." He says, and at this point, I am already losing it.

"Are you threatning me?" He really can be an idiot, no doubt. Does he even know what I'm capable of?

"I mean, I'm sure she'll love to find out who her sweet and innocent Danny really is." He says, completely avoiding the question.

"Shut up."

"Daniel Gates Renner-" He says. Purposely trying to piss me off. This is the final straw.

"Shut the hell up!!" I scream, but it comes out much longer than I had intended.

"Son of the famous, feared, and wanted Jeremy Gates Renner." He went on, knowing I would completely fall into his trap.

"Okay, that's enough! You can have the damn party, but it'll have to be here. No one is stepping a single soledly foot at my father's house, understood? Be thankful I'm letting you move back in, and with that, just shut the fuck up!"