Chapter Two: Collide with the Sky

Chapter Two: Collide With The Sky

Claire's POV:

That night, Danny and I talked till late, I had one question in mind though, I wanted to know why he had pushed me back when I tried holding him. I didn't know whether it would be appropriate or not to ask right now, so all I decided to do was ask about him and his life pretty much.

"So, what's your story?" I ask.

"Woah, I'm an... Ordinary man, nothing to talk about that's important. What about you?"

"I wanted to get to know you better Danny, I only just met you yet... I trust you."

"You, what?"

Danny's POV:

I couldn't believe what she had just asked me. She asks about myself and what my life is like, then tells me she trusts me.

"Claire, you're very beautiful and your such a kind person. Why would you ever try taking your own life like it's not valuable at all?"

"I had a bad day that day, and I wasn't thinking right. That's it." Is all she said, but I knew there just had to be more. I really wanted to know so freaking bad but I decide that maybe now just isn't the moment. So I say what could've been either the best or worst thing to say in this case.. Either way, I said it.

"Well, Claire. I know you don't wanna hear: Oh it gets better, but it does, it really does. Life is all about changes, constantly. Life changes for us everyday, good and bad things will happen in our lives everyday but that doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way forever, you know?"

"Life has never changed for me because I've never even had the choice to be who I want to be, or do what I really want to do. But thank you for being there that night though, and everything else you've done for me."

"Hey Claire? You busy right now?"

"Nope, not at all. Why?"

"Guess where I'm at."

"I don't know, the bar?" She giggled.

"That's not like me. I'm over by bridge. The place where we first met. It's like, what? 9:48 p.m. right now? I mean, if you want to, we could see the moon and the clock collide with the moon and sky. There's time."

"I'll be there in five."

Claire's POV:

I smile when he says that, I knew we had met by that bridge at around 10:00 p.m. that night he had saved my life. And so that is why he wants to see me now.

"Hey Kate, I'll be gone tonight. I'll see you tomorrow okay? Bye!"

"Umm... Okay? Clare, where the hell do you think your going?!"

"Goodbye!" I yell out.

Danny's POV:

Suddenly, there she is. The closer she gets towards me, the faster my heart, for some damn reason, beats like crazy. She's just so gorgeous.

I finally get up and l greet her. Since I'd met her halfway through the bridge, I figured we were both really far away from my stuff. I had brought in some speakers for music, a blanket to warm us up when it got colder, and a towel to sit or lay on top of since the bridge was getting cold. I'd also brought us some food. I hold her hand on our way back to where all of my stuff is. God, her hands are so soft and warm. I have no idea why the hell I am even thinking about her in this way, all I know is there's just no words to describe her and the feeling she gives me right now.

I finally realize she was wearing some loose pants and an oversized owl sweater.

"I freaking love owls!" I cry out randomly.