Chapter Seven: Your Call

Claire's POV:

"I like how nobody has said a word about Landon. Yes guys, he's okay too. Don't you worry about him. He was sick drunk" Kate walks in complaining, whispering her last sentence along.

"I knew that he was fine, Kate. I need to know how Danny is, and I need the honest truth from an aspiring nurse, future doctor" I say

"Claire, he's -"

"Hey there! I heard you're up, and came as fast as I could. I'm your nurse Amelia, how are you doing?" She introduces herself, interrupting Kate from speaking anywhere over two words.

"Good" I sigh, "I want to know about Mr. Gates' surgery. Did he make it? Is he okay?" I ask, with more pauses in between my words than a video buffering.

"He's okay. He got up eventually, you know? Tried to carry you out of the house, is what I heard. Then the ambulance came, and took all 3 of you"

"W-wait, what do you mean carried me out?? I thought he was on the verge of dying?" At this point, I'm beyond confused. Danny was supposed to be dead with those shots.

"No, sweetie" she says laughing, "your friend is fine. The surgery was only to remove the bullets, so he wouldn't get infected. We can't just leave them there" She laughs.

Minutes ago, before Amelia walked in, my family left to go get Kate to hurry up with a nurse, and apparently, get some breakfast for me too.

"That can't be right"

"Ooh kiddo, I think the floor you landed on was too hard. You must've hit your head hard" She assures me, and leaves me feeling like I'm crazy.

"W-wait! Where are you- where are you going?" I ask

"To get your files, of course. I must record down a severe concussion" She smiles, as she leaves.

"What? I'm not- I'm okay!" What the hell is going on here?!

"Okay, well you better not pressure her" I hear my cousins voice, just outside my patients room.

"You do realize we forgot the basket you ordered, right?" Kate whispers.

"Oh shit! Let's go back, and be quiet!" Andy says.

So their gone, perfect timing for me to sneak out, and find out just the actual fuck is happening. I get up, with my best effort, but fall immediately on the floor. Just then, I remember, I was said to walk in crutches for a while, I did get shot in my leg as well. I reach over to grab my crutches, this will be painful, but I have to see Danny myself. As I'm walking alone in the hallway, I notice a few patients and other nurses continuously staring at me, some even try to help, but I tell them I'm fine, and I'm only on my way to the bathroom. I even get a nurse to tell me where exactly across from my room Danny's is. When I get there, I open the door, and the first thing I see, shouldn't surprise me, but it's Kate. What the hell is she doing here with my boyfriend? I'm not even sure that's what he is to me, but why? Why is she here? No wonder Amelia came all by herself, Kate didn't take her to me, she informed her and asked her to come, while she's over here comforting Danny, of course.

"Claire" His smile is honest, and pure.

"What the actual fuck are you doing here?" Kate asks, surprised and nervous.

"I could ask you the same" I say.

"Oh, don't be silly! I'm helping Danny get up, he wanted to go see you too. Here, let me help" She says walking towards me, to help sit me down, beside him.

"Hey" Danny says, smiling as he gently caresses my jawline.

"Danny, you're alive! You're.. Okay! How is this possible?"