Chapter Eight: No Words

Claire's POV:

Danny helps me up, as he takes me outside his room, where Kate is patiently waiting.

"Uhh, Kate? H-how long have you been here?" I ask, scared for my life, even though I trust that Kate would never tell my dad any of what I did, if she heard or saw.

"Um, your dad left. He asked me to stay here and wait for you but um... I had to go check on Landon really quick, just to see how he was doing."

Oh thank god.

"What you mean how he's doing? Is he here?"

"Yeah, well, that man chocked him"

"Oh my god. Is he okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, he'll be fine" She assures me, looking down, creating a slight curve on her smile.

"Oh my gosh Kate, I'm so sorry" I say, and immediately crash my right arm around her, allowing for my left arm to create some balance by holding on to the wall. Danny takes my crutches behind me, approaches Kate, and gently pats her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Kate" He whispers.

"We should- we should go. Mr. Anderson's waiting for you Claire" She explains, clearing her tears with a tissue, and tossing her blond bangs away from her face.

As we make our way to my room, Danny offers to help or carry me, but I tell him there is nothing he can do to help, I will be in crutches for a while, and I better learn to survive in them. I also notice him constantly staring at me. I can't help but smile, he brings so much happiness to my life. Although I'm still not sure of what we are; him and I, I push myself through the whole painful journey back to my room, just for this.

Danny's POV:

As soon as we've settled foot by her door, I notice Kate immediately walking inside. The next thing I know, Claire struggles yet again to face me, but she does it quick, too quick for me to even lend her a helping hand. As soon as she's facing me, and steps even closer to me, she immediately holds on to my arms, tossing her crutches aside and kisses me. Her kiss is not only swift, strong, but passionate. Very passionate. Almost as if it were the last time to see me again. She slides her hand down my back, causing an eager sensation for more. I cup her delicate and gentle face in my hands, never breaking the kiss.

"Claire, baby, I think you should go inside" I mange to whisper, breaking apart out lips. She breaths heavily, trying to find the right words to say, and the oxygen to do so, but she can't seem to do so.

"I've just recently met your father, I don't wanna get on his bad side. It may cause some differences that may lead him to want us apart from each other. That's the last thing I want right now" I tell her. Caressing her face.

She nods, attempting to catch some air. "Thank you for caring, for protecting me, us. Whatever this is."

"Whatever this is?" I ask confused. Just then, the door opens, revealing Andy, and her father in the background with Claire.

"Clarion! Is she okay?" Mr. Anderson asks, rushing over to her immediately.

"I'm okay, Danny was just helping me. I asked him to carry me inside. My legs are killing me" She lies.

"I got you, come here" I say, bringing her closer and picking her up.

"Thank you, Daniel. However, I think it's best if you get some rest yourself"

"Sure. Ah, Claire, will you be okay?" I ask, assuring myself I can go on from here.

"Yeah, I'll see you around, Danny" She assures me with a warm smile.