Chapter Six: Bullet from a Gun

Danny's POV:

As I hold Claire's hand, I walk towards her family, as I clear my throat. I stretch out my hand to shake Andy's first, then, as I move on to her father, a million memories flash thru my mind. I can't believe I'm actually doing this, Zayn must be right, I really do have a death wish.

"Nice to meet you, sir, my name's-"

"Daniel Gates, I know, I did some research." At this point I feel my mouth wide open by the fact that he researched me, however, Zayn must've done a little something something to block out all of the bad, because he doesn't seem to know any g it yet. His smile is sincere and honest with the only exception of "I'll protect my daughter no matter what," which I totally don't blame him for. Claire gives you a desire to protect her, and be her shinning knight in armor.

"Dad!" Claire interrupts.

"Hah, that's okay" I say nervously shaking the fear off, then I turn to her father again. "Well then, nice to meet you Mr. Anderson, I'm honestly honored, much like all those badges on your uniform."

"Haha. Mr. Gates, you're really something" He says to me as he lets go of my hand, and lightly pats my shoulder.

"Shall we begin dinner?" Andy asks.

"Yeah, of course. Please, follow me in." Claire says leading us only a a few feet away from where we stood to begin with. As we walk into a small living room, I see Kate, and who appears to be her new boyfriend, get up and make their way to greet me.

"The famous and mysterious Danny, what's up man? Please, come in! I'm Landon. Lucky enough to be Kate's man" He says, patting my back, not so lightly.

"Hey, buddy. Hello Kate" I say as I shake his hand, and give Kate a hug.

"Huh, he's a keeper" We all hear Landon, and right away turn and face him.

"Excuse me?" Claire manages to say, causing me to smirk."

"Your man, I mean he doesn't talk much to anyone else other than you"

"He's not-"

"We're not-" I stop midway realizing she's denying us too. Which only means she wants me just as much as I want her. We're just afraid too confess.

"Together..." She finishes. Eyes locked in me, I know she's feeling it, I feel it too.

"Oh, crap! Dang it, sorry friends. There I go, messing up again" Landon laughs, clapping for himself. Already, I don't like this guy.

"Let's just begin" Claire suggests, and sighs, turning towards me to lead me to my seat, which so happens to be right next to hers.

"Claire" I whisper.

"Yes?"

"You look beautiful" I say, causing her to smile and blush.

The dinner itself could basically be described as: Mr. Anderson asking a thousand questions I didn't have an answer to, so I lie. Shortly after, I notice Mr. Anderson get up to receive a call.

"Marla, told you, empty out my schedule tonight. I'm out with my family. Nope, can't do, not right now. How recent? Then we may s have enough time to stop this son of a bitch before he gets any further away. Alright. I'll be there."

As he makes his way toward the table, Kate finds herself shutting Land on up, seeing as he can't behave himself. He's already drunk on wine.

"I'm sorry Claire, I've got to go. Its important, I wouldn't leave otherwise. It was nice meeting you Gates, I'm looking forward to meeting you again. But I'm the meantime, I'll keep my eye on you. Kate and Landon, goodnight."