IV - The Tale Of Six Leagues

There is a land. And you live on it. You can't escape it, sadly, there's no other place you could possibly go. But once, this place was lovely. 

Ninjago was a prosperous land, made of beauty and grace. Ninjago was vast and colorful. It was diverse and intriguing. It was at peace. It was close. It was one. It was united. 

The world was a rainbow of sorts. Colors of all shades and essences glistened beneath the cheery sun, intriguing life. The people were just as colorful and bright, and they were happy and free. They were welcoming and peaceful too, but they were also quite vulnerable.

And lo, evil took its advantage of that, a diverse world in of itself, yet a threatening one. To think people were born innocent, yet were destined for such sickening future. These villains roamed the world, desiring the most awful things, and were willing to sacrifice lives just to get what they wanted.

But action was taken, for six Ninja of the elements-- trained by a wise man-- rose up against these evils, conquering their trials and tribulations whilst discovering themselves along this way.

The Ninja were close to each other, almost as if family. (Though, two of those Ninja were siblings.) They were selfless for each other, there to each other, good to each other.

If they were ever to lose one of their own, they'd be devastated. 

Hopefully that never happens.

And oh! The Ninjas luck was but crumbling ashes. 

And oh! There was the embodiment of darkness that lives eternally because of the shadows and negativity, and we call him the Overlord. 

And oh! There was no other choice for the Ninja of Ice. His friends bounced him up the Overlord, where he grabbed a hold of him. Though, the Overlord wore power. Yes, it can be worn. But power as such he wore was only more those who could live forever like him. And the Ice Ninja was only mortal.

But even with that in mind, the Ice Ninja miraculously destroyed the Overlord. . . most of him, anyways.

And somehow, the Ice Elemental survived it.

But at a horrid, horrid cost. For the what remained of the Overlord inhabited the Ninja's body, corrupting his soul and likeness, reprogramming him, really.

The corrupted Ninja soon reformed what had been foiled with by whom were once his friends, and overtook the city of Ninjago, forming what the folk of Ninjago called "The Over League." The Overlord wished to rid the Ninja, capturing their Master whilst trying to do so, where the grief-struck friends fled to a small island west of the city.

The island was already inhabited by a power-hungry selfish tyrant, who had couped many other elementals into a tournament, in which he lured the Ninja into as well. And with that, the whole thing was a trap, for the tyrant wanted the elemental powers that the people in the tournament withheld.