Chapter 9

It's 2am. I yawn as I close my book and lay my head on the desk. I have been studying for hours on end-yet i still don't feel like I've remembered anything.

'Hey sleepy head' Says a deep comforting voice. I look up to see Mattheo leaning against a bookshelf.
One book in his hand and one in his pocket.

'Hi Mattheo' I say resting my head on my hands

He walks over to me and sits down facing me. I look up at his eyes. They glistened in the moonlight.

'Is your hair always this soft' I say reaching across the table and playing with his little ringlets.

He scoffs 'Yeah I have a secret recipe' and he takes my hands and holds it whilst looking into my eyes intensely.

Before I could stop myself I was kissing him. I was kissing the guy I had been gushing over for the past 2 months. Suddenly a flood of emotions fill my brain. And I quickly snap back to reality and pull away.
'Uh i-' I stutter 'I gotta go sorry' and I grab my books and walk away.

I go back to the common room to finish studying there. I am just about to start my divination homework when the common room door opens and Theodore walks in. I look away and start packing up my things.

'I know what you did' He says stopping me at the bottom of the stairs'

'Theo let me leave' I say as I try to go under his arm.

'I know you kissed him' He says pinning me against the wall- the force is so much that I drop my things.

'Who?' I say hoping Theo would just forget

'That Riddle kid' He spits.

'So what?' I say pushing him away.

'Your mine' He says as spit flys at my face.

'Since when? I am not an object that you can just own' I say angrily

'Since always' He says pinning me once again against the wall.

'From now on you do what I want and what I tell you to do. Got it?'

'No' I say and he punches me across the face

'I said- Got it?' He says, his face growing redder by the second.

Once again I replied sweet and short.

'No'

'Yes' He says and punches me so hard that I fall to the floor. I could feel the blood trickling down my face.

'I say yes, so now go be a good girl and sleep' He says dragging me upstairs by my hair.

'Oh and by the way if you say anything to anyone your dead' He says and walks away

'Like my parents' I say before he is out of site. He turns around and kicks me in the stomach before leaving me, slumped over on the landing.

I stay there for what seems like forever- I wanted to cry but no tears came. What had this year become. First Sirius Black escaping, then Mattheo, and now this?

I slowly got up, picked up my things and walked into my gloomy dorm. I placed my books on my desk and went to the bathroom to wash. Once again I had blood all over my face. I scrubbed my face clean and dryed it with a towel. I changed into my pyjamas and climbed into bed, my body numb.

I woke up to the sound of rustling.

'Oh sorry, did I wake you?' Pansy says as she packs her bag.

'No don't worry I needed to be woken up anyway' I say as I slide into my slippers.

My body was so stiff. I grabbed my uniform and went into the bathroom to change. I looked in the mirror. Good my bruises were barely visible.

'Foundation should cover them quite nicely' I say to myself.

'What was that, sorry?' Pansy shouts from the other room.

'Nothing Pans, don't worry' I reply as I rummage through my draws. I wash my face thoroughly making sure to remove the left over blood.
I look in the mirror after finishing my makeup. Nice, I am pleased with that. No bruises can be seen.

I quickly put on my tie and robe before grabbing my books and bag and going with Pansy to the great hall.

'Good morning' Mattheo grins at me

I put on a weak smile and say 'morning guys' ignoring Mattheo completely. I look over at him and I can tell he is hurt. So I turn back around to face Draco and Astoria.

'So?' I asked eagerly

'So what?' Draco asks confused.

'Are you too finally dating?' I ask leaning in closer.

'Maybe...' Astoria says with half a smile

'Yay' I say flinging my arms in the air.

'Shh' Draco says ushering me to keep quiet.

'The others don't know yet, and we are gonna wait a while till we tell them' Draco whispers

'Oh okay sorry' I whisper back

Later-

'Whats all this commotion about?' I ask pansy as we walk past the griffindor common room

'I'm not sure-'

'Hey guys' says a voice from a far

'Oh hey Harry'

'So do you know what's going on here?' Pansy asks curiously

Harry's face was concerned as he looked up at me.

'Well? What is it?' I says reading his face.

'It's about Sirius Black' He says and my heart sinks.

'He's  been spotted in the hogwarts grounds.'

Chills go down my spine and I look at Pansy.

'We should tell the others' Pansy says.

We leave Harry and head to the Slytherin common room

'Guys. We have news' Pansy says sitting down by the fireplace

'What' Blaise asks

'Sirius Black, he's been spotted again'

Everyone looked at each other, shocked.

'Thats not the worst bit, he was spotted in hogwarts' I finish off.