"Meeting the Captain" Not an x reader

-During the meetup in Texas with the group chat, they go to the shooting range, and Y/n sees her old captain from the military. (Derek Mulligan and his wife Julia Mulligan)

(Sorta short)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a nice warm day in Texas, and the group chat plus a couple others were at the shooting range. They were talking, and getting ready for it, when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Is that lieutenant L/n I see?" The voice said. She turned to see her old captain from the army.

"Captain Mulligan? Holy shit, how are you?" She said, walking over and bringing the man into a hug.

"I'm doing just fine. And it's Derek remember?" He said, waving his finger like a dad would do. Ever since she's been in the military, she saw him as a dad.

"Right, sorry sir- Derek." She said, quickly correcting herself. He chuckled at this, and shook his head.

"Retirement is working out well no?" He asked. After a mission gone wrong, she was made to retire. She was upset but everyone was right.

"Yeah it's going well." She said. Some woman came over and linked her arm with his.

"Honey, who is this?" She asked, gesturing towards Y/n.

Y/n looked at Derek.
"Is this the lucky lady I heard so much about?" She asked.

Derek nodded. Y/n reached her hand out.
"You must be Julia. I'm Y/n, Derek was my captain in the army." She said. Julia immediately lightened up.

"Oh! Y/n, Ive heard so much about you as well." She said, dismissing the handshake and going in for a hug instead. Y/n was taken back, but obliged.

She looked back where the guys were, and they were all standing there. Confused as hell. She waved them over, and they walked over.

"Derek, these are my friends. This is Nick, Tanner, Larry, Blake, Isaac, and Johnathan." (schlatt, also idk who else is there so bear with me pls!!)

"Guys, this is Derek Mulligan. He was my captain the army. And that's his wife, Julia." Y/n said.

"It's very nice to meet all you fine young men. Say, you'd be a great fit for the army." He said, and pointed to Nick.

"Derek!" Julia said, and slapped his arm.

"No its alright ma'am, thank you sir." Nick said, and nodded his head.

"Wait hol up, you were in the army?!" Larry asked, surprised.

"Right, I'll tell you guys the story later. But it was so nice seeing you again captain. And it was nice meeting you mrs. Mulligan." Y/n said, and hugged them both.

They all said their goodbyes and the married couple left.

All the guys turned their attention towards the young girl.
"What?" She asked.
"You've got a whole lot of explaining to do missy." Tanner said in a joking way.

She laughed.
"Yeah, I guess I do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(452 words)