15

Zachary Taylor
- 5 days later

The relationship between Fatima and I had changed and it was clear. At this point it didn't even seem like a relationship.

It was obvious she was now walking on eggshells around me, and it doesn't help that I accidentally pushed her into the door 3 days ago.

I didn't mean to I swear, we were playing and I was picking her up and she got up to move and I moved at the same time and our bodies collided.

I put my hands out and she flew into the door, hard. I felt so bad, after that she went to bed and didn't even speak to me in the morning.

I know she knows it was a accident but she's just so scared now so it's hard. I just don't know what I can do to get us back to our love.

Fatima didn't even come home last night, she texted me and let me know she was staying with her mom and that was it.

She's at work currently and I'm surprising her with lunch. "Hi welcome to Qdobo, what can I get for you?"  The man spoke.

I ordered T and I's food, payed for it then got it before driving off. I pulled into the law firm and hopped out. I went in and was greeted by Laura.

"Here to see Mrs.Taylor correct?" I nodded smiling at what she refer to Fatima as. I guess she noticed the ring on T's finger.

"She's in her office." She said after peeking back behind her. I nodded and walked to her office, I knocked on the door.

It was closed for some reason, when I opened it Fatima was behind her desk and some ugly ass nigga was holding the door open.

"Hey Baby," I spoke to Fatima stepping into her office, "Who this nigga?" I asked immediately.

"Zac watch yourself, this is my brother Kane." She replied, I shrugged. "Okay, wassup Kane. Let's go eat, im hungry." I added.

"Zac we are having a conversation, you're being disrespectful." I sighed feeling myself become irritated.

"Aight man, I'll wait in the break room but if yo lil friend clique show up don't be mad at me." I told her referencing Karen and Sabrina as a joke.

She shooed me out, I looked at the nigga once more and eyed him. I made my way to the break room and got out my phone.

I called Nicole and patiently waited for her to pick up, "Hello son?" She answered, "Hey Ma, I have a question." I spoke.

"Do you have a son, well any kids besides T?" I asked, I don't know that nigga from a can of paint I need to know for sure this her brother.

I done seen plenty of T's Fatima portrait and he ain't been in neither one. "No, just her younger sister and you know her." I bit my lip.

"You sure?" I asked again, she went quiet for a second, "Oh well actually I had a step son, Fatima's dad had him with another woman."

"Him and T was close, but a couple years back he disappeared." She admitted seeming like she didn't want to talk about him really.

"His name Kane?" I asked and she low key gasped, "Um yep, well his real name is Kaden but his dad called him Kane."

We spoke for some time before I ended the phone call, the door opened and I looked up hoping it was T. It was some girl.

I looked back down on my phone, "Ouu you fine as shit, you work here?" I looked around to see if I was the only one in the room.

I looked up to see if she was on the phone but like I suspected she was talking to me. "He doesn't but his fiancé does."

I blew out of sigh of relief, Fatima always pops up when I'm in these kind of situations. That's why people probably think I'm dependent on her.

"Oh shit my bad Ms.T, I didn't know." The girl left the room, "I didn't say nothing to her- I know Zac, you're good." She responded.

"The food is getting cold." I teased in a singing voice, T shook her head. "I'm off, let's go home." She seemed irritated.

"You okay?"

"Yea babe I'm fine." She told me, I didn't believe her but I took her word for it and packed our stuff up. We left together and got in our cars.

We made it home and I got the stuff out my car then went to open her door. We walked in the house together and I locked the door. 

"Warm the food up." I went to the kitchen and put her food in the microwave, when it stopped I put mines in and took her, hers.

I got mines after it stopped and joined her on the couch, "So what was you and yo brother discussing?" I asked.

"Nothing much, it was more of me cursing him out for disappearing then him explaining to me why he had to keep me safe and all that."

"So he's sticking around Atlanta or no?" She shrugged, "To be honest Kane has a mind of his own, so I don't know."

I nodded, we sat eating and on our phones until I decided to ask her a question about what's been bothering me.

"T," I spoke, she looked up at me with a confused look, "Yea?" She waited for me to speak but I didn't, then I did.

"Be honest with me okay?" She nodded, "Are you afraid of me? Or afraid I might hurt you?" Her breath sped up.

"What?" She asked throwing a fake tight lip smile, "Are you afraid of me? It feels like we're walking on eggshells around each other."

She looked away, I lifted my hand to put my food down,& she jumped. My heart hurt seeing that, I didn't even know what to say.

I moved my hand back, "Im not going to hit you." I said, "I know, Ion know why I did that." She said then smiled before stop smiling.

I looked at her confused, something is wrong with this girl. She's a psychopath for real. "I'm not afraid of you Zac." She let me know.

"Just cautious." She added and I shrugged, "You're crazy." I shifted a little bit away from her. "No I'm not." She smiled.

" I don't know whether to be turned on or freaked out." I said, then we both laughed. "No seriously babe, we're good."

"But if you 'accidentally' hit me again, we won't be."