2

Zachary's Pov

"My who?" Fatima's face changed, I could sense that she was confused and mad. "Your mother babe."

She sighed loudly, she turned her head so I couldn't see her face. "T come on don't do that,"

I turned her head, "No Zac, why'd you let her in?" She asked me and I shrugged. "She was waiting on you and it's cold out."

"Okay Zac, well where is she because there nothing in there yet." She asked, "I let her in the kitchen, there's chairs."

She nodded and took a deep breath before opening the door of our home. I walked in behind her.

She immediately went to the kitchen, "Hi Fatima," her mother got up from the chair, Fatima stepped back.

"Hi Mother." Fatima was visual irritated, "Well how've you been? I haven't seen you in years baby."

"12 years 3 months 16 days and 34 minutes but who's counting." Fatima's mother took a sigh. "Baby-"

"I'm not your baby anymore." Fatima said, "T hear her out." I whispered to her. Her mama looked at me.

"So is my daughter funding your life as well?" I looked at her crazy, "Excuse me?" I felt offended.

"Sorry, my daughter tends to date guys who are way below her pay range and then build them up to be a great man for another woman."

"Listen Nicole, if you came here to disrespect me and my man then you can hit the door." Fatima said.

"No I didn't, I'm sorry baby. I miss you, I came to apologize for the pain I put you through." Nicole responded.

"Are you though mom? Because you say that now and then the moment I let you back in you do the same thing."

"I really am, it's just I was mad- So mad that you put your 16 year old daughter out on the streets?" My face fell.

I had no idea what they've been through so this took me by surprise. "Fatima you were pregnant." She blurted out.

"I know that ma, you act like I don't know this. I told you myself, I asked you to be there for me, I asked you to help me because I needed you more than anything. You act like I wanted Jacob to get me pregnant. I didn't want any of that. I wanted my mothers love and care but instead you put me out like trash. I had no where to go for 4 years of my life. I had to do some of the most weirdest things just to pay for my abortion. I had to get through 2 years of high school by myself. I didn't have any emotional support at all. I needed you ma."

Fatima was now in tears, I couldn't do anything but hug her. "I needed you and you left me." She added.

Her mom watched me calm her down instead of responding. "1 (1) 2 (2) 3 (3) 4 (4) 5 (5)." We did her counting exercise.

"Now take 5 deep breaths." She did as told, after I kissed both her cheeks before wiping her tears away.

"I love you okay?" She nodded, then she turned back to face her mother. "I'm sorry baby." Her mom spoke.

"I admit I was wrong and I've been wrong for years. All the times I popped up in your life just to make it worst was wrong. All the times I belittled you was wrong. And everything else I've ever done I was wrong. I'm sorry baby, I want nothing more than to be in your life. You're my only child and the way I treated you was horrible. I want to be able to be here when you win your first case, I want to be here when you say I do, I want to be here when you accomplish all your goals and dream. And most importantly I want to be here when you make me a grandmother."

"The way I've acted over these 12 years has been nothing but immature and horrible. I didn't want you to have a baby at 16 because I had you at 16. I wanted you to be better than me and you are. Look at this life you're living baby, you found a good man. I can see just by the way he comforts and holds you that he loves you more than life itself. Baby I love you more than life itself and I want nothing more than to be apart of your life again. So please Fatima, please accept my apology."

Fatima let go of my hands and gave me a look, I smiled at her and she walked over to her mother.

They both put their hands out and hugged, it felt like eternity because of their cries. They finally let go smiling.

"I love you so much ma," Fatima said to her, "I love you so much more baby."

The two of them talked for some hours before Nicole finally got her stuff and left. Fatima joined me in the bedroom after taking a shower.

"So how do you feel?" I asked immediately, "I feel great, I missed my mother. I never had a active dad so having her back means a lot."

"Well babe that's good, I want you to be happy." She came over and got in the bed with me.

"I am happy baby."