Mixed Feelings

*Chapter 1*

"You're really going off, Kivi-san?" A pink hair girl was present at the main gates of Konoha with us as we prepare to move out to the Sand Village. "Yup! Thank you for seeing us off, Sakura-chan." I smiled at her. "Please help me thank Tsunade-sama for taking care of us for me." Sakura grinned, "No problem! You all have done a lot for us and we can't thank you enough either."

We said our goodbyes after that before turning to leave. "I'm going to miss Konoha." Hikari murmured behind us. I slowed down to match her pace, "We'll go back to Konoha for sure, Hikari. I promise!" She nodded with a delightful smile on her face.

"Kivi nee-sama, isn't the Sand Village your hometown?" Hikaru asked as he slowed down to match our pace, leaving Takahara walking alone at the front.

"It's our hometown." Takahara added as he reached for my hand. I smiled at him before looking at Hikaru. "It is. Feels a little bit strange to go back there."

Takahara sighed, "The seals won't work anymore if they see our faces, Kivi." I pouted a little, as much as I want people to remember me when I got back, I can't risk letting them see my face. Not yet. "Well then, Hikari and Hikaru will go around the Sand Village for us. Takahara and I will wait outside."

Takahara shook his head, "That defeats the purpose of returning back to the Sand village, isn't it? Do you even know when Sasori will come out from his house?" An idiot could tell that Takahara was pissed off whenever Sasori is involved. "Why do we even have to head back just because you caught a glimpse of him in your mirror?!" He asked, rhetorically.

At the corner of my eyes, I could see Hikari and Hikaru exchanging wordless conversations. "We heard a lot about this Sasori guy from Kivi-nee." Hikari spoke. "But who is he really, Kivi nee-sama?" Hikaru finished her sentence. I mentally squealed when they finished each other's sentences. I love it when they do that!

I was about to explain to them till Takahara beat me to it. "Sasori is Kivi's ex-boyfriend." He hissed. I pouted a little in annoyance at Takahara's words. It has been years yet he still holds such a grudge towards Sasori.

Hikaru stared at me, "Ex-boyfriend? Why are we going back to look for him?" I looked at Hikaru at the corner of my eyes, seeing that he had a look of jealousy on his face. Ever since that time when I rescued the twins from the fire, he had became surprisingly possessive of me. I knew how he felt about me even with the large age gap, it doesn't seemed to bother him at all since I still look 21 years old. But even so, I cannot keep getting his hopes up.

I diverted my eyes back at Takahara's as I explained what happened to us when we were 12. After hearing the our tragic history, Hikaru remained silent. "Nii, you baka." Hikari commented in her soft voice, adding salt to her brother's guilt. "Oi!" Hikaru complained.

"It would be better if we don't return to that place, Kivi." Takahara thought to himself but I heard that as the twins had their mini argument. "What if he is married to another woman and has a family with her? What will you do?" He said in a louder tone.

I stopped walking. It never crossed my mind that what Takahara said might be true. Just thinking of Sasori smiling to another woman, hugging another woman, kissing another woman or worst; made my heart ached like crazy. I lowered my head and conflicted with myself. "It's..." I lifted up my head and plastered a fake smile on my face, "It's fine. We're just there to check up on him and we'll leave the Sand Village immediately." Takahara made a sound of disapproval while the twins looked at me, worried.

"Kivi-nee, even if things don't work out." Hikari said. "We're always here for you." Hikaru finished as he held onto my free hand and placed it on his cheek. I smiled at the both of them. "Kivi." Takahara took my hand away from Hikaru's cheek as he glared at Hikaru and pulled me away from the twins. We continued walking as we held hands. "The twins are right. Even if Sasori were to love someone else, you still have me and the twins." I covered my eyes with my bangs to hide my conflicted expression and nodded. Takahara laced his fingers with mine and tightened his grip around my hand. "I'm always here for you, Kivi." I looked up at him as a tear escaped my eyes. "You're right, I always have you."