Chapter 4

I looked down at my dead body and screamed. No one could hear me. My body was laying on a hospital bed. I didn't even look like myself. My face was all scratched up and one of my arms was broken. Tears stained my cheeks and I wiped them away. The doctors were giving me CPR trying to revive me. I ran. I ran out of the hospital room, down the hallways, into the lobby, and fell on the floor. I sobbed so hard I could barely breathe. someone help me. please. I'm not supposed to die.. I'm only nineteen. What about Harry? Harry!  

I slowly got off the floor. I could hear music playing. It was coming from down the hallway.

You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

The way it falls on the side of your neck

Down your shoulders and back

We are surrounded by all of these lies

And people who talk too much

You got the kind of look in your eyes

As if no one knows anything but us

Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me

'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

My favorite singer. Ed Sheeran. I seriously must be going crazy. I followed the music down the hallway and found where it was coming from. It was coming from inside a wall. I closed my eyes and put my ear against the wall. Then everything went black.

I couldn't see anything but I could feel my whole body burning. I felt like I was on fire. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I blinked and my eyes burned but I opened them anyways. I looked up and saw the ceiling. Am I back in my body? I'm alive?!?!

What about Summer and Ashlynn?!? I closed my eyes again and listened to the nurses talk.

"i don't know. haven't heard much."

"one of them is in a coma"

"which one?"

"the little brunette. With the last name Boucher"

They're talking about Ashlynn! No. Ashlynn can't be in a coma. I felt my heart break into a million pieces.

"What about the other ones?"

"the one who was in the passenger seat is fine. A couple broken ribs but she'll be fine. The driver is in critical condition. She was dead when she got here. We brought her back though."

"that's horrible."

"right? Well I've got to go check on a patient. see you later!"

At least Summer is okay.

I heard footsteps run around me and someone screamed "Boucher is code red. Heart beat decreasing. Lung collapsed. Hurry!" there was rustling in the room next to me. Ashlynn was dying. The yelling continued.

"Get her to the— shit. CPR! 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8...9"

My heart was racing.

Silence. There was no more yelling. No more counting. No more Ashlynn.