Chapter 6

I walked through my doors the next morning with an empty feeling inside my chest. I can't believe Ashlynn is gone. I set up my new phone and got in my car to go to the coffee shop. I was hoping and praying that harry would be there.

I opened the doors to the coffee shop and searched the crowd. I saw no sign of harry. I walked over to a table and sat down. I put my face in my hands. What if I never see Harry again? I felt a tear slip down my face. I wiped it away and stood up. I grabbed my purse and walked out of the coffee shop. I was fumbling with my car keys when I heard a voice from behind me

"Autumn?"

I turned around.

"HARRY!!!" I ran and jumped into his arms. He laughed and put me down.

"i was worried about you.." he looked at me.

"I'm sorry i just- well.. Summer, Ashlynn, and I got into a car accident..and my phone got smashed..." My voice trailed off.

"oh my god is everyone okay?" His voice was concerned.

I looked down and bit my lip. I knew if I talked about Ashlynn the tears wouldn't stop.

"umm.." My voice was shaking. "Ashlynn.. she's..well.."

Before I could finish, Harry wrapped his arms around me. I started sobbing and he held me tighter.

"shh it's okay"

I stayed like that for a few minutes before I let go.

"sorry." I looked down.

"don't be sorry." He kissed my forehead. I was blushing.

"hey, will you meet me back here tonight? we can talk and go for a walk or something.." he asked me.

"yeah that'd be great." I smiled

"Is 9 good?" he smiled.

"perfect" I agreed.

He kissed my hand and walked back to his car. I bit my lip and sat down in my seat and giggled. Why was he so perfect? I drove home and found Summer sitting on the couch with a tub of coffee ice cream in her hands watching tv.

"I need help. " I announced.

"with what?" she asked while shoving more ice cream in her mouth.

"i have a date and I-"

"You have a date?!?" she seemed so shocked. I was kind of offended.

"um yeah!"

"with who?!?" she put her ice cream down

"harry.. the boy i met before the accident" I started to choke up again.

"Oh.." she said

"will you help me pick out my outfit?" I asked

"Yeah. Yeah of course!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room.

I was already missing Harry. I wondered if he missed me too. There was something comforting but thrilling about being with him. I've never had a rush like that with anyone. Little did I know, that rush.. was because Harry had a secret. A secret that had almost killed me.