Chapter 5

*Flashback*

"Ashlynn what the hell are you doing?" I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Ashlynn leaning over the backseat and into the trunk.

"getting something!" She giggled. I rolled my eyes and kept driving. She sat back down with a tampon in her hand and rolled down her window.

"uh oh.." Summer looked back at her.

There was a car full of teenage boys behind us. They had their rap music blasting so loud we could hear it in our car. They'd been throwing things at the back of my car for about ten minutes. They had their windows down and they had about 20 beer bottles in the backseat.

Just as they drove by, Ashlynn threw the tampon through the passenger side window and yelled

"looks like you might need this! Let me know when you stop acting like fucking 12 year olds and grow some goddamn balls!"

Summer and I bursted out laughing. They drove away and none of us could contain our laughter. I'd never heard Ashlynn talk like that before.

She always seemed like an innocent little puppy to me. She had such a sweet side to her. She cared about everyone else more than she did herself. No matter what was going on, she always lightened the situation. I don't know what to think anymore. I can't wrap my head around what's happening. Part of me envied her. She got the easy way out. I'd rather have died. Ashlynn didn't deserve any of this. She was a perfect girl. Every boy loved her in high school. I don't want a life without Ashlynn. She held everything together.

I woke up two days later. I wondered what Harry would think. I promised him I'd meet him. I'm pretty sure my phone was smashed in the accident and I don't even know his number. I hate my life. Everything goes wrong. I'm pretty sure I'm cursed or something.

The doctors said I could leave tomorrow. Somehow I'd recovered that quickly. I'm not sure I want to have come in with Ashlynn and come out without her. Summer stayed with me the whole time. Ashlynn was a best friend to both of us.