12~Finally They Meet

Raman, Ruhi, Adi and Pihu stepped out of the car and after locking the car, the four of them walked inside. Ishita's purse dropped on the way, she left Ishan's hand and bent to pick her purse. As she stood straight, Raman who was coming the same way, collided into her and she fell in his arms. The trio of Adi, Ruhi and Pihu looked at each other in a shock. Their eyes went on Ishan and Sister Mary, and they recognized immediately that its Ishita only behind the veil. "Adi bhaiya, now what to do? Ishi maa doesn't want to meet papa," Ruhi said in a voice audible only to Adi.

"I will go and take away Sister Mary and Ishan out of the view, you both handle here," he whispered. "Leave all that to me Adi bhaiya," Pihu said. "But...," he was cut in between. "Pihu is right, you see Sister Mary is a nun, she won't be comfortable around men, so Pihu would do this work, me and you, both would handle the scene in front of us," Ruhi said, Adi nodded, Pihu left to do her assigned work. Sister Mary was adjusting her clothes, Ishan was walking holding her hand calmly.

Pihu came running and blocked their way. "Stop you two," she said and panted heavily. "Hi Pihu didi," Ishan said excitedly. "Hi Ishan," she greeted back and they shared a quick hug. "Pihu, you here? And what do you mean by two of us? We are three," Sister Mary stated and looked behind and didn't find Ishita, that's when her gaze went on her, she was fallen in Raman's arms. "Oh no," she muttered under her breath. "That's what I am saying Sister Mary, bend down," she said and she bent getting confused. "Sister Mary, if papa's gaze goes on you too, he would know it's the same lady who keeps colliding into him again and again, and once again he would grow curious, I am here to get you both out of the view, and Ruhi didi and Adi bhaiya would handle the scene there," Pihu whispered and Mary stood straight and nodded.

"Ishan, baby, see there are so many stalls, candy floss, ice cream, let's go have them," Mary said. "Yayyy, let's go," he said and the duo walked away. Pihu went back to her family, Ruhi acknowledged her presence. "Job done," Pihu said slowly, Ruhi smiled.

She walked further to Raman. "Umm papa, what's up with you? Do you want to keep her in your arms till eternity?" she teased. Raman got into his senses and straightened Ishita who ran away instantly leaving him in his own sea of thoughts. "Umm, let's go, have dinner," he said diverting the topic and walked off with the trio following him. Meanwhile Ishita who was hiding under a table, got out and searched for Mary and Ishan by her eyes. She called Mary who picked up instantly. "Hallo, Mary, where are you? Where's Ishan?" she asked in a rush.

"Relax amma, we are at the stalls, Pihu only came to us to get us out of the view, else Raman uncle would have seen us and got curious about you again," Mary said. "Oh, okay, but don't make Ishan have any junk food, I am coming," she said. "Okay," Mary said and disconnected the call. "Ishan, amma is coming, finish your candy floss fast," she said and he nodded and finished it and threw away the stick. Ishita came to them at last and she was panting heavily. "Amma, don't panic, this time he couldn't meet us, let's go to another place if you say so," she said.

"No, let's just you and Ishan have dinner here, I would eat later," Ishita said. Mary nodded and Ishita held Ishan's other hand and they chose a table at the farthest end possible and settled down and proceeded to order the food. They were served in a while, Ishan and Mary ate meanwhile Ishita didn't eat anything. As soon as the duo were finished with eating, they left. Meanwhile, Raman, Adi, Ruhi and Pihu ate in silence. Raman was still thinking of the burqa clad lady, that why was he lost in her.

Later that night, Ishita ate in silence and in loneliness, the scene where she and Raman collided kept coming in front of her eyes again and again. She finished eating and washed the dish placing it at a side. She walked to the sink and washed her hands staring at her reflection, what did she lack then when indirectly Raman rejected her? Just the inability to conceive? Today she was a mother of Pihu and Ishan along with three adopted children who she considered her own. She washed her face, a tear ran down her wet cheek.