11. so fearful yet so brave

Everything you always want is on the other side of fear

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
"Dad." I woke up gasping for air. My lungs screaming for me to breathe but the pain in my chest left me paralyzed. I tried method 5,4,3,2,1. 5 things I can see: door,bed, window, TV and table. 4 things I can touch and I reached to touch mu covers,my tedy bear, pillow against my back and nightshade. 3 things I can hear but the fact I don't hear anything made my stomach twist in horror. I stopped with that metod because it doesn't help and took my phone from charger.

2AM is reading in middle of my screen and I applauded myself. I had nightmare about Alexander and it still feels real. I can feel his hands on my thighs and lower abdomen. Tears streaming down my cheeks didn't help a bit and the fear of Alexander barging into my room is overwhelming. I collected myself after couple minutes and wiped my tears.

My raw throat is pleading for water so I stood up and headed downstairs. Darkness in hallway made my heart chlench and throat close. I collected courage to step outside my room. On my way out of room corridor I can see black figure walking. I don't need light to recognize silhouette. Black hair is peeking out of his hood as my brother stopped right in front of me. I can feel his breath on my face,the bittersweet smell making my eyes burn. I don't dare to look up at him. The fear carving its way to my whole body and all I can think about is his reactions because he is drunk.

" Why are you awake this late?" Asher's harsh voice bought me out of my faze and I laughed silently. My body shaking and I can't believe I actually laughed. It actually escaped my mouth without intentions and I forced my shaking hands to move. Curling my hands in balls I can feel my nails slice my skin. I looked up at his bruised face.

" Says person who just came home with bruises all over his face." I decided to try my luck even if I know I will probably regret this. What the actual fuck is wrong with me and talking today. I can't keep my mouth shut even when I am afraid. I just have feeling that habit will lead me to death.

" I am older" He just said the stupidest excuse ever but I grew worried because I know he could hurt me with his pinky if he wants to. I wanted to keep mouth shut but they are working on their own today.

" Worst excuse ever." I mumbled ready to bypass him but he gripped my wrist yanking me back. I can feel his grip tightening to point where even my bones hurt. I didn't make sound but tears started soaking my cheeks.

" Say it again Vivien I dare you." I didn't answer so he yank my hand in side forcing me closer to him. I flinched at sudden move,my wrist feeling like it would snap any moment.

"You was supposed to be the one sent away. You don't deserve this life because you are acting like spoiled brat." His words made my heart sunk. I yelped when his grip tightening around my wrist even more. Silent sob escaped my lips and I tried to move my wrist away from him. The previous nightmare playing in back of my head as reminder on how broken I am.