Chap 7

As the sun sets, Twyla goes to dinner with the rest of the fairies and flits down home. Elspeth has been asking questions all day. About people she'd met, about the things she'd seen and what she'd experienced. She tried to avoid talking about the Isle as much as she could. She wasn't sure how the rest of the fairies would react. The Isle was a place full of villains, it wasn't somewhere any fairy should be. Would there be a punishment for it? Would she have to talk to Queen Clarion?

Strolling inside her home, she just drops into her seat at the table again. Zarina shoves her goggles up onto the crown of her head, looking away from her experiment. Across her desk are pouches and vials full of pixie dust, all in different shades, and a bunch of ingredients needing to be prepared for use.

"Fun day, love?" Twyla lifts her head, a small frown painted across her lips.

"It was ... ordinary." Zarina raises a brow curiously and Twyla shrugs with a small sigh. "I just ... it's Pixie Hollow. It's nothing new, it's the same place it was when I left. Wake up, do your talent work, eat, go to bed, wake up. Rinse and repeat for every single day. It's mind numbing." Frustration is obvious in her voice.

Zarina puts the satchel down and walks over to her daughter. "Twyla, I know it's not what you're used to, but this is your home. I know what it's like to want something more, but with everything that happened to you, it's just safer for you to be here."

Twyla heaves out a loud sigh, flopping forward: "Guess it's not that bad. The sun's nice." A short chuckle left her. "I missed Spritz. And Elspeth." She pauses. "I think Saffron and Flint hate me though."

Zarina just laughs lightly. "I'm sure that's not true. Maybe jealous. Not many fairies leave Neverland, you know?" She leaned over and pet Twyla on the shoulder. "It'll be fine, just bare it for now."

Twyla forced a smile. "No other choice, is there?" She shoves up from the table. "I'm gonna go to bed."

—— §

Just as Twyla had thought, a few boring months pass. She does just as expected. She woke up, kissed her mum goodbye on the cheek, then went off to the dust distribution. Flew up to the firefly farm, collected light, gave the light to the fireflies. It wasn't her particular job, but on more than one occasion she helped Flint in training the fireflies and glow worms. Every Sunday, she helped the other light-talent fairies put on a firework show for Pixie Hollow's entertainment.

Since her return, Spritz had refused to leave her side for even a second. She'd even started following her home so often that Twyla had set up a little bed for her to stay in.

Pushing up in her bed, her dark eyes flickered towards the window. Even after so many month, sleep still wasn't easy. She kept having dreams about Hook and the blood on Harry's face and the fear in Uma's eyes. She shook the nightmares from her head, eyes following water droplets drip down the glass. The water wasn't much of a surprise considering the heavy rainfall and thunder last night. She was sure she'd heard more than one crash outside during the night. Spritz had even slept in bed with Twyla, tucked underneath her arm. The bug was still quietly snoring beneath the blanket as Twyla stared at the window.

This wasn't going to be a fun day. Rain in Pixie Hollow? Never good for any fairy that wasn't a water-talent. Pixie dust just washed right off everyone else.

With a tired sigh, she pushed out of bed, leaving the firefly to sleep. It wasn't like fireflies were all that fond of water either. Zarina poked her head into the room, a smile on her face. Twyla rose a brow, a confuse smile drawing across her face.

"This probably isn't the best day to give you these, but here." With that, she tosses a new pair of boots onto the end of Twyla's bed. Reaching for them, Twyla glows brightly, an excited squeal escaping her. She shoots out of bed, dragging Zarina into a tight hug. Zarina just laughs. "Well, go ahead, try them on. We've got a lot of work to do after last night's storm."