chapter fifteen

amy turned the light off in the bathroom and began to creep back into shadow's room. it was still the middle of the night so she was trying not to make too much noise. she had been able to extract herself from the bed without waking him up and wanted to slip back in without waking him either.

as she entered his room the sight before her stopped her.

the curtains of the window hadn't been closed all the way and the yellow glow of the street lights outside filled the room. shadow was sleeping on his side, facing her, and the light was softly illuminating the curves of his shoulders as well as his messy quills and the strong features of his face. amy smiled as she looked at him. he really was handsome. 

she turned around and got her book bag from the living room. coming back into his room, she walked over to shadow's desk. as quietly as she could, she turned the desk chair around so that it was facing the bed. she sat down, pulling her knees up and letting her feet hang off the edge of the chair, and opened up her sketchbook.

~

"you ready to get up?" shadow asked with a yawn.

amy peeked an eye open to see the bright morning light filling the room. she shut it again and rolled over with a grumble. shadow chuckled as he began to get out of the bed. he was on the other side that was pushed up against the wall so he needed to climb over her to get out. he paused as he was about to get off he bed, and leaned down to nuzzle her neck, placing a few kisses there, before standing up. amy let out a disappointed whine at the lose of his body warmth. "c'mon," he said, giving her a poke. "it's time for breakfast."

"breakfast can wait." amy said, taking the pillow that shadow had just been using and covering her face with it.

"fine, i didn't want to have to do this but . . ." 

she felt his arms working their way under her body.

"what are you doing?" she laughed, trying to squirm away from him.

but he got one arm around her back and the other under her legs and lifted her up off the bed. amy feigned her disapproval with a pout, but the truth was there was a certain thrill in just how easily shadow was able to pick her up. shadow gave her a kiss on the forehead and carried her out to the living room, placing her down on the couch. "i'll go make the eggs."

he went to stand up straight, but amy grabbed onto the front of his shirt and pulled him down for a kiss. he smiled against her mouth before kissing her back. shadow slowly began to sink into her as they kissed. he placed a knee down on the couch in between her legs, but still had to keep one foot on the ground as his small couch wasn't really built for make out sessions.

amy brought her hands up around the back of his neck, running her fingernails gently across his scalp. shadow let out a happy hum and he circled his arms around her, standing back up and taking her with him. amy wrapped her legs around his waist. 

"i thought it was time for breakfast." she laughed as he started carrying her back towards the bedroom. 

shadow gave her a wide, bright smile. "like you said, breakfast can wait."

~

that night amy followed her normal saturday night routine. big hung out in her room until she was done getting ready, then they headed out with their larger group of friends. they fond a house party off campus. there were red solo cups and laughter, selfies and gossip, her and big teamed up for a couple of rounds of beer pong.

amy spent a considerable amount of time out on the dance floor, her and her friends dancing and singing. the night got late and a number of her friends had paired off or found new people to go home with. other than big who had found that fishing friend of his from weeks ago and. amy was leaning up against a wall, watching the party begin to die down and turning her phone over and over in her hands. there really hadn't been any guys tonight that caught her interest.