Climbing the mountain

Your pov

We stayed at the cave for a day until the blizzard had stopped. Once it was good enough we were back on the way to the mountains. After a few hours or so we had managed to reach the foot of the mountains. "Are you sure we should be climbing that?" Hitch asks as we looked at the smooth surface of mountain which is just straight up for a good mile and a half. "We might need to find another way to climb the mountains." Sunny said as she looked around.

"Let me look fly up and see if I can see a safe path up." Zipp says as she flies up. "What if we melt our way up?" Izzy suggested as motions to the Tepig, Lulu, and the Quilava. "I don't think that's a good idea. If we do that we might cause a avalanche." Hitch told her. "Yeah. I don't want to be buried in snow." Sprout says as Zipp flies back down. "Ok, I found a trail down that way which we can use to safely climb the mountain." She tells us.

"What's it like?" I asked her. "It looked worn and I saw a bunch of footprints so it's a Pokémon foot traffic. So It's safe for us to use as long as we don't run into any hostile Pokémon." She tells me as we nod and follow Zipp to the pathway. "Alright everypony, we need to stay close and do not split up." Hitch says as we began walking through the pathway.

Time skip

We were halfway up the mountain which so far we haven't had any difficulties with any Pokémon. "Brrrrr! I didn't think it was this cold up here." Pipp said as she was right beside me with her wing draped over me and trying to keep close to me for warmth. "Me neither!" Sprout says as all of us were shivering from the cold and we're trying to stay close to our two fire type Pokémon. "Don't worry, I'm sure we are close to the end of this path." Sunny says. "I sure hope so, the other side so far looks better then where we once were." Hitch says as he motions to the bottom of the mountains which is a snowy forest.

"Good thing we don't have to climb to the very top." Sprout says. "Hey, has anypony notice that these footprints start to disappear but some are still around and look like they are running?" Izzy says which we looked to see that she was right, which we all stopped. "Hmmm...." Zipp hums as she and Hitch looks at the tracks very closely. "There's some new tracks." Zipp says. "I see them two...." Hitch adds. "Should we be worried?" Pipp asked them. "Uhhhh.... Depends on what you want me to say?" Zipp tells her.

"Are we on a hunting trail?" I asked them which they nod. "We need to move quickly before-" Sunny was interrupted as a bunch of shadows appear before jumping in front and behind us which we saw that they were a bunch of hisuian Sneasel's. "Sneasels?!" I yelled. "Your worried about these little guys?" Sprout says in confusion. "These are hisuian Sneasel's. They're a fighting and poison type. Those claws can wreak your nervous system. But what I'm confused is why are they in a clan? These kind are solidarity." I told her as we were forming a circle preparing for whatever happens next and our Pokémon are ready to defend.

"They must've figured out that this is a good hunting spot so they decided to work together

"They must've figured out that this is a good hunting spot so they decided to work together." Hitch told us. "Luckily we have some strong Pokémon and I doubt they would work together as a team." Zipp says as suddenly a big shadow appeared and lands up front of the Sneasel's up front and it reveals to be a Sneasler. "Okay.... That might be a problem." Zipp says as the Sneasler did a command which made all the Sneasel's went a different battle position.