Chapter 71) Church

Walkers are everywhere.

Bob, Daryl, Rick, Glenn, and Y/N take down as many as they can on the way to a train car. They open it and a man runs out screaming hysterically. He immediately gets bitten by a walker.

They hide behind the door as more walkers walk by.

Bob sighs. "We gotta double back."

"A is that way." Rick says pointing. "We go back, we don't know where we are."

"We don't really have a choice, do we?" Daryl asks.

Gunfire takes down nearby walkers. Rick grips his knife. "Wait here."

"Rick!" Y/N whispers. He keeps going. Daryl follows after him.

Rick stabs a man and takes his gun. They grab a few more guns laying on the ground and make their way back to Y/N, Bob, and Glenn.

Rick hands them weapons and glances around. "We're gonna have to double back."
————————————————————————
Y/N flings open the door to train car A. "Cmon!"

She shouts to the others. Carl runs out first carrying Judith. Michonne, Tara, Maggie and Rosita are next. Abe brings up the rear with Eugene and Sasha.

They all take off, shooting and stabbing walkers as they go. Rick stands back, shooting as everyone climbs over the chain link fence.

They flee the burning building and make their way into the woods. They walk quietly for a bit. Eventually Rick bends down and starts digging for something.

Abraham glances around. "The hell are we still around here for?"

"Guns, some supplies. Go along the fences. Use the rifles. Take out the rest of 'em." Rick says.

Bob walks forward. "What?"

"They don't get to live."

Glenn sighs. "Rick, we got out. It's over."

He finally scoops away enough dirt to reveal a large blue duffel bag. "It's not over till they're all dead."

Rosita scoffs. "The hell it isn't. That place is on fire. Full of walkers."

Abe nods. "I'm not dicking around with this crap. We just made it out."

Y/N touches Ricks shoulder. "The fences are down. They'll run or die."

Suddenly two figures appears behind Rick.

Y/N gasps. It's Tyreese and Carol. She's holding several weapons. Daryl's crossbow, and Y/N's sword included.

Y/N limps up with her still injured ankle and smiles. "Did you do that?"

Carol nods. Y/N hugs her. The others exchange hugs too.

Carol hands Y/N her sword and gives the others their weapons.

Sasha sobs as she reunites with her brother.

Maggie glances around. The only one not with them is Beth.

Carol looks at her and lowers her head. "Beth was with us. We got separated. She was taken."

"Taken? By who?" Maggie's lip quivers slightly.

"A black car." Tyreese replies.

Y/N's eyes widen. "Was there a white cross on the back?"

The two nod. "How did you-"

Rick cuts Carol off. "We have to go. It's not safe here."

They agree and make their way further from the place formally known as Terminus.
————————————————————————
The walk is brutal. For hours they walk. They stop to get water. They stop to feed Judith. Then they keep going.