Chapter I

The priest felt warm, hot blood trickling down his nose as the man.. or whatever he was beat him bloody. He knew and could clearly feel that his body was weakening significantly as he was punched, kicked, stepped upon, choked, cut... the man laughed as he picked the priest up by his neck, throwing him against a wall with inhuman strength. This... was so wrong. A normal human would not have been able to do something like this so easily, so fast. A human wasn't so powerful, especially considering that this man had a rather small build and size. The priest wasn't small or thin, either. In fact, he was about a good 5 inches taller than this man and was of average weight and slightly above average height. So why was this boy so powerful?

The answer was clear in the priest's mind. This boy.. was either possessed somehow, or the more likely answer, was a vampire. Vampires were far more agile, intelligent, and advanced creatures compared to humans, and they grew even more powerful when they were starving. Starving, as in lacking the proper diet and nutrients they needed to survive, which they got from one thing. The blood of any human or even other vampires. Although, vampire blood tended to not be as satisfying to a vampire when compared to human blood, except in one case, where the vampire blood in question belonged to the vampire's sire, the person who infected them with vampirism, had they not been born infected.

It was quite ironic, actually. Vampirism had started as a disease hundreds and hundreds of years ago, but it seemed to just make the infected human stronger and smarter. Although, there were the disease's weaknesses and issues. One thing was that being in the sun or around bright light burned. It was not only painful, but the infected actually suffered injuries due to sunlight. And the person, as mentioned earlier, craved blood and had a painful, almost insatiable craving for it. And one aspect of it could be perceived as either positive or negative: the inability to age after the infected victim reaches a certain age. And if the person is infected past that age, they'll never age again.

For example, this man only appeared to be somewhere between the ages of 19 and 22, but who knows how old he truly was? He could be hundreds of years old.. or maybe he was as young as he looked. No one truly knew except for the vampire himself, but the priest couldn't really ask at the moment, as he was nearly bleeding out to death and now wasn't really the time for that question. He looked up at the vampire, who wore an expression of delight on his face and was walking towards him with a menacing smile.

The vampire crouched beside the bloody male and grabbed him by the chin, rather gently. Which was odd, considering that he had been so rough and cruel mere moments before. He tightened his grip around the priest's face, squeezing his jawline, causing the man to let out a weak moan of pain. He began to speak to the priest in a quiet voice.

"Your jawline, your skin, your neck.... you do realize how perfect they are, correct? Absolutely gorgeous... the flesh on your body is so smooth, so soft and tender.. I want to drink from it. You won't say no, will you, love?" He laughed for a moment as his facial expression shifted from delight to adoration. "Give yourself to me."

The priest looked horrified at this prospect, but was too weak, too bruised to do anything significant about it. He tried to weakly shake his head, but the vampire didn't seem to notice. I.e. at least, he pretended not to see any objections, as he began to speak to him again, "Good.. no objections. I can have you to myself now, I can drink you. And I'll free the world of another one of your kind." The last part was spat in a voice that seemed to ooze venom, contrasting with the previously quiet and soft yet menacing tone.

The priest still looked absolutely terrified and upset, but the vampire paid no attention. He buried his face in the man's neck, his arms wrapped around him. "It's so warm.. and soft. It smells so sweet. Being a mortal such as yourself must be a curse, when you can have this.. this perfection. A blessing. You could be able to smell this liquid within humans, to drink it, but instead you are unable to and you find it unappealing and revolting." He whispered as he opened his mouth against the skin, saliva dripping from it down the priest's neck.