Ch.10 ★ So Who Likes Who?

🅇🄸🄰🄾

Me and Albedo sat down on the bleachers outside, facing the track with the dirt field farther back behind it. Venti and Gorou, along with a few others continued to play baseball while a majority wanted to rest.

Albedo and I were a part of that majority. We'd been going at it for about a good 30 minutes before our teacher noticed some of us were lacking, and gave us the option to sit out.

Hu Tao, Chongyun, and Keqing had also decided not to play anymore, but Yun Jin on the other hand decided to continue on without them.

If last Friday had never happened then I would've gladly joined them like usual instead of sitting out with Albedo. Not that there was anything wrong with Albedo—I liked him, but being around him made me get all soft and weird.

I liked that, but I didn't know if Albedo did.

"Can you believe how much stamina they have? I'm surprised they've still got the energy for this." Albedo joked, relaxing his shoulders as his eyes were fixated on the field.

"Mm.." I nodded, agreeing with him. My shoulder brushed against his as I shuffled around and I could feel my face burn.

My heart was beating so loudly I felt like it was about to pop out of my chest. 

"You know, Valentine's Day is coming up." Albedo suddenly brought up, surprising me with his words as his gaze shifted over towards me.

"Uh—y-yeah.., and?" I mumbled, my palms suddenly getting sweaty as I was debating on moving closer in, or backing up.

Albedo chuckled, seeming amused at how flustered I was.

"What're you getting so work up for? Did somebody ask you out already?" He questioned, a teasing smirk on his face as he inched his face closer just to mess with me.

I flinched, jolting backwards and nearly falling off from where I sat; my face was completely red, and I became an instant mess.

"W-well..er, no." I finally said, looking away from him to try to calm myself down. "But I do have someone in mind that I want to ask out.." my eyes came onto his, feeling a little gutsy after saying that last part.

"Me too." Albedo replied so casually with it that I almost hadn't caught what he said.

My head immediately whipped around, my jawed dropped down to my chin, but I pulled it back up quickly before he could notice.

"W..who?" I hesitated to ask at first, but quickly finished it off, unconsciously scooting in closer to hear him.

He took a quick look around before leaning close in, our heads bumping into each other's as he did so. His blonde hair mixed with my dark hair, and his marine eyes stared into mine.

"Promise not to tell anyone, alright? I haven't even said a word about this to even Sucrose." He lisped, his voice hushed as he took my hand in his.

I quickly nodded, freezing in place at the physical contact with him. My body was tingling with warmth, and my hands grew hot at his touch.

I made a mental note to cross Sucrose off my list. She and Albedo seemed so close with each other that it could almost be labeled as suspicious, but I guess that's not the case.

Patiently waiting for Albedo's next sentence, I sat there waiting with his hands over mine, unsure why he was taking so long to say something.