9: Girlfriend Olympics

When we finished studying for the evening, Yasmina and I sat down to talk. I hadn't told her about the deal I made with Audrey in the morning, and I wasn't sure if she'd agree with it completely, which is why I wanted to talk to her. But, by the looks of it, she has something to tell me too.

"Alright, this was a crazy first day," I started, before there was a knock on the door. "Come in."

As if the person didn't hear us, they knocked louder.

"Come i–"

The door swung open and Kaitlyn pranced in, holding a cup. "I don't even know why I'm knocking, you're my little sister."

"Hey sis, I need a favor," I began.
"Before you say anything, I'm just here to get some vanilla cappuccino sachets. You know mom only let you have them this time because you cried for them."

I rolled my eyes. "Mom wanted an A in English, Kaitlyn."

"Whatever. Hey Yasmina." She waved at her while I handed her the sachet. "Oh yeah, I heard you and Yas are dating, is this true?"

"Has it spread already?"

"Everything spreads here. Is it true?"
I glanced at Yasmina, who looked away. Refusing to lie to my sister, I sighed. "No, we're just pretending to date because I made a mess and told people we're dating out of embarrassment."

"I…" Kaitlyn drawled off, before sighing. "Don't get caught in your lie, alright? The little girl with the blonde hair–"

"Sofia," I huffed.

"Yeah, her. Sofia and her friend were talking about it anyway. Just make sure not to get caught, okay?"

"Alright, I won't if you help me."
Kaitlyn gave me a side eye. "How?"

"By taking Yasmina and I to The Plaza on Saturday?"

"What?" They both yelled while I hushed them.

"Kait, please. If you do, I'll give you all the sachets," I begged her.

Kait groaned. "Darren and I wanted to go out this weekend."

"You still can—you can just drop us off."

"Kendall."

"Kaitlyn," I whined. "All my sachets and my Kit Kats at home."

Kait groaned, but nonetheless nodded. "Bedtime is in 10 minutes. Tone it down so that I don't have to come back in here." With this, she stormed out of our room, closing the door behind her.

I smiled to myself before a pillow was thrown at the back of my head. "Yas!"

"Kendall, what the fuck?" Yasmina asked, forcefully turning me around. "First off, I agreed to fake date you, now you're forcing me to go out with you? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry–"

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. Call the date off!" She yelled. "I don't want to go out with you."

"Yasmina, listen. I know you're mad at me but please, it'll help us," I pleaded with her. "Audrey and Sofia don't think we look like a couple, and if we spend more time together and hang out, we could make it look natural."

Yasmina frowned. "We barely know each other, Kendall."

"I know, and that's why it's still beneficial to us. Look at it this way; if we do this, we could get to know each other even better, and we could look natural because they're right, we don't. We look like we're faking it, so if we–"

"I understand, I'm not that dumb," she said. "And I guess you are right, we do need to know each other a little more."

I hugged her, barely containing my excitement. "We're going to have so much fun, Yas!"