CHAPTER 5

I threw the covers up and instantly was out of my room, wrapping my robe around me while running down the hall. I retch my sisters room. The door was cracked. Shit!

I rushed in finding her bedroom window open. I looked out the window and saw the familiar black car driving away in the distance. I sighed with frustration and began to walk out. Something caught my eye. Her drawer was slightly opened. I pulled the drawer out and raffled through it hoping to find something, but nothing useful was there, just scattered t-shirts.

I put her clothes back and pushed the drawer in, or attempted to, but something caught it. I pushed in again and still it wouldn't go in all the way. I pulled the drawer back out and reached to the back of the near empty space, finding a book. It wasn't just a book though, it was Calling's journal. The one she got for her 16th birthday.

I started looking through it, sitting on her bed. It read of things Calling was going through. These same things I began experiencing. I read, entry after entry until I couldn't read them anymore. Tales of how she first started feeling these changes. How she felt her eyes burning her skull; how she got hungry. Really hungry. How she came across a lone boy and it took over. How it wasn't her. How she wasn't in control. How he was alive in one moment, then doe on the ground the next. I looked up, realizing that the tears were rolling. Wiping my eyes with my palms, and stood up. I replaced her clothes back into her drawer as they were before and pushed it in. I got to her bedroom door to leave then turned back. I went over to her dresser and opened her drawer just a bit, in case she came back.

I began back to my room with the journal. Setting it on my desk, I looked at the clock. 3:37a.m. It couldn't be a coincedence, could it? The timing I mean, it was exact. The room, the door, the car. All of it...except this time, I didn't see Calling. Obviously something was happening to me. The same had happened to my sister, who until yesterday, I thought was dead. All on my 16th. If Calling got that journal on her 16th, does that mean Dad knew what was to come? I mean he was definitely no stranger to these...capabilities. Either way, now Ethan was dead, and I was the reason. Does that mean I'm bad? What kind of question is that? Of course I am! I murdered a innocent being. Human being.

I shuffled through the pages, reading her words as if she'd been saying them to me. I could imagine her face, that is, when it was her own. Now she's defferent. Pale, golden eyes, but more than that, she'd was something different. I can't control it..this thing inside me. This hunger. It builds and builds until I destroy a life. Four...four so far. Four people who would have done good to this world. And is it the end? I fear that it's far from so. Maybe I should tell Dad. Or not. Am I putting him at risk if I speak of this to him? I wish it just a horrible nightmare. One I could rid myself of. Ill wake up and they'll all be here again.

I never thought of that. Would I endanger someone by telling them? I mean Calling told Dad, but he was already one of them, it wouldn't risk him. Could I tell Aly? No, I refuse to allow her harm from this...this mess. But who? It's not like I can just go find Calling. She runs everytime she see's me. Or at least see's that I know she's present. Mom Is more than likely clueless like I've been. If she knew, she wouldn't have spent those long months locked in her room, greiving over Calling and Dad the way she did. She would know their both alive.

But if he knows about me, which obviously he does, or at least Calling for sure does, he would tell me what to do. Or maybe he's too far gone. Last night I saw things, things I never thought I'd see in a million lifetimes. He murdered someone. He didn't show any type of remorse. Any type of guilt. Maybe Calling's even too far gone. Maybe they'll get me when they think I'm like them. Not just physically but mentally. Just lost.

I just need to get through the school day, then i'll figure out what to do. Oh my god, school. How can I just watch the faces of troubled students thinking that unknown murderer might get them next? How can I not be eat up with guilt? I'll deal with this in 3 hours. For now, it's just sleep and I. And hopefully no more 'family reunions'.