CHAPTER 6

I'd passed by the time with research, endlessly finding nothing. Well Google, the one time I care, and you fail me. It was about an hour until I needed to be at school so I started getting ready. I walked slowly out of my room, grabbing my robe, and then into the hallway to go to the bathroom. I looked at Calling's door. Nothing strange. So I walked on into the bathroom.

I undressed myself then looked at myself in my mirror. I looked like myself but I didn't. My skin was paler than usual and my eyes had specks of gold in them. That gold looked beautiful swirling in my eyes. Like something blissful and magical. But it was monstrous. My finger nails were long. That was out of place, given my extreme habit for biting them into stubs. I know, not attractive, but we all have faults. Though lately I seem to have faults and then some.

Turned on the shower not adding a single bit of cold to my cycle. I stepped in. The water stung, but somehow in a good way. I washed my hair, then my body. I washed over and over again but couldn't seem to get clean. I kept scrubbing as images of Ethan lying on the ground and up against the locker, dead, came rushing back into my head. It felt so real as if it was happening all over again. I fell to the tub and held my knees tightly in my arms. I let the water run down my face and the rest of my body.

I let it all go and the tears fled from my eyes. They flooded my cheeks, flowing with the water. I watched the drain as the water flowed down the tub then down the drain itself. I stood there like that for a while then got up, turned the water off, and grabbed my towel.

I dried myself off slowly,then brushed my teeth, feeling so drained, as if I could just fall asleep any moment. But I was restless. I don't think it's possible for me to go back to sleep right now.

I wrapped myself in my robe and grabbed my hair brush and brushed my hair while walking out of the bathroom and down the hall to my bedroom. As I walked through the threshold I shut my door and got some clothes out.

Today I would wear my dark wash jeans that had holes all over the legs of them. Not even made like that, that's from being so worn out. But they looked just like the store bought jeans so oh well. I grabbed my AC DC shirt out of my closet and sat it on my bed with my jeans. Then I got out panties and a bra. I lost my robe then dressed.

Only 20 minutes until I needed to be at school. So really I have 10 minutes to get the rest of the way ready. I blow dried my hair quickly then straightened it. I don't care if I'm late, I'm not going to look like I just woke up or don't care.

I pulled out my eyeliner and applied it. Then I loaded my lashes with mascara. I grabbed my socks and beat up converse and threw them on. I did a body check to make sure I had everything. Then I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs and outside. Aly said she wasn't coming to school today, she had the bug. So I was walking.

On the way I saw a black car. I went to it and it was empty. A note was lying in it so I picked it up. "Love you Liz, you can use it," I stared at the note trying to blink away tears. I know how to drive, I just don't have a license yet. Which wasn't entirely my fault. The keys were already in the ignition so I climbed in and started it up. When it turned on the radio did too, playing Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. The title expressed my feelings. I turned it off though to focus on the road.

I drove to the school. Somehow I had 2 minutes until the first bell. There are 2 bells that ring, one means get your ass to class or it's grass and the other means well if your not in class your ass is grass now. There are 5 minutes between each bell.

I got out of my dads car after grabbing my bag, then I walked up the stairs of the entrance and into the courtyard. I saw Jesse, today he wasn't with that bitch. I kept walking to go into the hallways and he caught up to me.