1.12

"Y/N!... Y/N! Wake up."
"Gisela? What is it?" Y/N asked as she rubbed her eyes, looking at Gisela with a confused look.
"I have found a way to return you. You must go now!" Gisela said.
"What... What are you talking about?" Y/N asked getting up.
"Uhtred told me. I can save you. We must go now." Gisela dragged her up, pulling her arm as she dragged her away. Y/N was confused but followed her when she heard the sound of Guthred's men. She could hear Halig and Uhtred shouting.
"What is going on?" Y/N shouted. "GISELA!"
"My brother, King Guthred, has sold Uhtred and Halig as slaves. Uhtred has asked me to protect you!" Gisela said with tears running down her face.
"W-what?" Y/N said, "So he told you to lie to me?" Y/N shouted again. Everything was happening too quickly, and she could not process it, but all she knew was that she had to get to Uhtred. Y/N ripped Giselas' arm off of her and ran towards the square.
"UHTRED! UHTRED! Oh my god, Halig!" Y/N screamed when she saw Uhtred and Halig in a cage.
"Y/N do nothing!" Uhtred shouted.
"I can not leave you. Lord, I can not leave you. I can not leave Halig." Y/N shouted as she turned to look at Guthred. Anger coursed through her veins as she went to lunge for him when a guard tackled her down.
"Send this bitch too." The priest demanded.
"No!" Halig and Uhtred shouted.
"Cut off her hair and beat her till she does not look like a woman," Guthred said. Y/N grunted as the men punched her, black and blue, until she could not be seen. Halig crouched down when they threw her in the cage. Their hearts shattering even more.
"Guthred! I gave you my sword. I saved you." Uhtred cried out.
"But what I need is two hundred swords!" Guthred shouted back. "I need two hundred men, and that is your worth. Two hundred Christian men of Bebbanberg!"
"My uncle, Ælfric?" Uhtred's voice broke.
"He asked for your head, but slavery will be enough, I am sure," Guthred said.

Y/Ns ears started to become deaf to noise as she realised what had happened to her. What she just put herself in. Her stomach dropped in anxiety as she watched Uhtred thrash around in the cage. We were all fucked! It won't even be a quick painless death. That is what pained Y/N the most. She knew they would figure it out she was a woman, but for how long could they keep it? Someone would find out.
"So much for Sihtric protecting me?" Y/N muttered. Her heart sank when she saw the ship. It was all too late now.
"Remember! You are a boy called Gerald." Uhtred whispered as they were forced onto that ship. Maybe they would be a chance to throw myself off or drown. Maybe I can land on a sharp-
"MOVE!"